*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1685718-Learning-Something-Wonderful
Rated: · Other · Other · #1685718
Meeting someone famous and learning that I am the next MJ
It was like any other Monday. I got up got dressed and Ken picked me up. Ken was moms boyfriend he was also my vocal music teacher. At first i didnt know what to think about Mom dating again after dad and her divorsed. But I loved Ken it was still weird going to school and having him be there.
"Hey sweety you ready to go?" Ken asked with his arms around my mom.
"Hey Ken yeah im ready just let me grab something to eat." I said heading into the Kitchen and grabbing a banana and water.
"Sweety is that all your going to eat?" Mom asked.
"Yeah whats wrong with it?" I asked.
"Nothing but shouldnt you eat more?" Mom asked.
"I can grab and apple too if you want." I said. She nodded. I did as i was told and grabbed an apple. Then Ken and I were off to school.
"So Paige I have a big surprise for you today in Music." Ken said.
"Oh really what is it?" i asked.
"You are going to have to wait and find out." He said.
"oh I hate it when you do that to me." I said. He laughed. We had gotton to school and I went into my locker. After i had opened it i went into the music room like i did every morning. There were 2 other boys there. Like they were every day.
"Hey Josh, Whats up Drew?" I asked getting into the room.
"Hey Paige." Josh said.
"Hey Paige." Drew said.
"So what are you guys doing here so early?" I asked.
"Mr. Woodward asked us to come this early, he said that he had a surprise for us." Josh said.
"NO way really? He said that he had a surprise for me too." I said.
"Yes I do have a surprise for all of you." Ken said coming up to us.
"Ken what is going on?" I asked.
"Sit down and I'll tell you." He said. We did as we were told. We all took our seats and waited for him to talk. "Alright well Paige would know this i dont know about you two boys but she does. Paige what is coming up in 3 months?" He asked. I had to think for a second.
"Does it have to do with Michael?" I asked. He nodded. "Oh well his 30th year anniversary is coming up." I said.
"Did you two know that?" Ken asked Josh and Drew. They shook their heads.
"Well Michael and I are close I sang on Dangerous with him, only in backround. But he emailed me and said that he is inviteing 3 students from each of the 6 Jr. High schools, he wants the students to prefrom songs at his 30th year anniversary concert." Ken said. My eyes went big. Everyone covered their ears. I screamed.
"WHAT!!!??" i screamed.
"Yeah really." Ken said. I smiled the biggest smile. Soon there was a knock at the door. "Wow he is early." Ken said heading to the door.
"Who's early?" I asked stopping him and grabbing him by the sholders.
"Well if you let me answer the door then you will find out." He said. I let go and went to go sit back down. When he opened the door a fimilar face stepped into the room. "Ok besides Paige who knows who this is?" Ken asked. Josh and Drew didnt know. "Paige." He said.
"It's Lionel Richie, he worked on We are the world, with Michael." I said. Lionel Smiled.
"A real fan." He said I smiled.
"Lionel is here to tell you about the concert and what we are going to do for it." Ken said.
"Thanks Ken. Alright you three, Mr. Woodward has told me that you are the best singers in the school. Which is good because I want you three to sing We are The world in the show. Oh and Paige I know that you are a big Michael fan. So I would like to hear you sing an MJ song. Because I have already been to the other 5 school and auditioned boys to be Michael in the show." Lionel said.
"Wait.. to be michael in the show what do you mean?" I asked.
"Well this is something that i thought would be fun. This is a 3 hour show. So other celeberties will be preforming but the "michael of the night" he/she preforms every so often you know.. like if I go out and preform a song then lets say if you go the part of michael you would then go out and preform a song. Do you get it?" He asked. I nodded my head.
This just couldnt be happening to me. I went to bed listening to Michael like i did everynight then i wake up with Lionel Richie in the room talking to me and my best friends about preforming in front of the King Of Pop at his 30th year anniversary concert!! It just didnt seem real to me!! It just didnt.
"So Paige are you up to adution?" Lionel asked. I nodded.
"What song do you want me to sing?" I asked.
"Well all the people who adutioned did the same song so i need you to do "Black or White." Lionel said. I nodded and Ken turned on the music. I sang with all of my heart more focused on having fun not trying to impress anyone. It would be amazing to get the part of Michael, but just being able to preform in front of him even if it is just one song. You are PREFORMING in front of Michael Jackson, that is just HUGE!!!
Once i was done everyone in the room was just looking at me in awe. I smiled shyly.
"Wow Paige, that has been the BEST Michael audition. You were the ONLY girl in all of the schools that i have visited and you did the best MJ ever." Lionel said. I smiled.
"Thanks Lionel, Im the only girl? out of all 6 schools... i am the only girl?" I asked. That really shocked me.
"Yes you are the only girl, it shocked me too. I thought I would only have a few boys but no you are the only girl." Lionel said. I smiled. I felt special that i was the only girl. Drew raised his hand.
"Yes Drew?" Ken asked.
"Umm so what song are we doing? Like how are we going to know what we are going to be doing? If there are going to be a lot of people doing a lot of songs?" He asked.
"We already had that all settled. You guys are going to be going We Are The World. We already gave you your parts so we can rehurse right away because if Paige is the Michael we need to make sure she get the recording with the stars she needs, and the choragraphy that she will need and the costume fittings also." he said smiling. I was so shocked.
"Y-y-you mean I am the Michael?" i asked. Lionel nodded his head.
"OMG THIS CANT BE HAPPENING!!!" I screamed. I started to cry tears of joy.
"Alright so you guys want to get started?" Lionel asked. I looked at the clock it was 7:00 we had an hour. I nodded. So did Drew and Josh. "Alright come here to the mics. and put on the headphones. We are going to record first." Lionel said. We nodded and did as we were told. Soon the music started to play and Drew started to sing Lionel's part in the song. Soon i joined in with Stevie Wonder's part. Then the song was done. I thought it went rather well so did Ken and Lionel. "Wow you three that was amazing you all sound wonderful on mics." Lionel said. We smiled. Soon it was 10 till class and i had to get my books out of my lockers.
"Wow we need to get to class." I said.
"Yeah I understand you all need to be here everyday at this time. Please let Mr. Woodward know if you cant make it to a practice. Paige you will be here everyday after school. And a week before the concert we will all run the show after school." Lionel said. We nodded and then we were off.
"Wow you guys i dont believe this. We are going to be singing infront of the King Of Pop this means a lot to me." I said.
"We figured." Josh said. I smiled.
"yeah yeah go make fun." i said.
"Who's making fun this is so cool." Drew said.
"Yeah it is." I said. We finally got to class but who could focus on school when I was thinking about Michael and preforming in front of him. that has always been a dream of mine was to preform in front of my King. It had been 2002 i was 13 I grew up in the 90's listening to Michael oh how i loved him so much. It was mind blowing.

The end of the day came fast and I went straight to the music room as i was told to do. I found Ken but no Lionel.
"Hey Ken where's Lionel?" I asked sitting my bookbag and stuff down.
"Hey there sweety, he left after you did this morning he should be back in a few minutes. Why dont you get started on your homework?" He suggested. I nodded and got out my math homework. Minutes passed and I had finished my homework. Soon Lionel showed up. I got butterflies in my stomach when i saw who he brought with him.
© Copyright 2010 MichaelJacksonsGirl (ifite4michael at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1685718-Learning-Something-Wonderful