*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1676542-Road-To-Crimes-part-three
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by amanda
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Detective · #1676542
detectives are led too a mans house and when they arrive they notice something strange.
As she arrived at 7754 Menlo street she was accompanied by her partner. She recognized his black charger from a mile away. She made her way over to her partner and greeted him. She filled him in on anything she forgot to mention over the phone and they made there way over to the front door. They knocked on the door. They waited a couple seconds but no answer. They knocked again. Still no answer. Sarah knew someone had to be there because there was still a car in the driveway and one of the lights was on upstairs. Curious Sarah made her way around the house looking for a window that might reveal someone. She made her way around the side of the house to the backyard. She spotted the back door with the corner of her eye and noticed it was open. She called to her partner to come in a serious voice. Sarah and her partner pulled out there guns and made their way slowly and cautiously towards the open door. They stood close to the wall , one person on each side of the door. Sarah and Jason nodded at each other as if to signal that they were both ready for whatever was going to happen.



“Police, open up!” Sarah shouted.



No one answered. They tried once more and still no answer. So they looked and nodded at each other again. Jason took his position in front of the door. They both raised their guns and Jason Lifted his leg and with full force slammed his foot onto the door. The door went flying open smashing against the wall of a kitchen in made a loud smashing sound. As the smash faded you could here the distinct sound of water hitting a hard surface and the sounds of music.



“Check the house, make sure it’s clear.” Sarah directed.



Sarah made her way into the living room while Jason directed his attention to the hallway where a long spiral staircase stood. Sarah saw nothing of interest so she made her way across the living room and around the corner to a large room. Clothes lie on the floor in piles, The bed was a mess but nothing really looked out of place for a room, nothing out of the ordinary. Sarah changed her direction and made her way toward her partner.



“nothing down here, it looks clear” she said



Jason nodded at Sarah and agreed, then suggested they check upstairs. Sarah nodded and then they started climbing the stairs with caution. Jason went first . As they got to the top of the stairs they held out their guns in front of them, just in case of any intruders. Jason walked just passed a room to the hall looking into the

room as he passed.



Turning around to face Sarah he said “ Sarah there doesn’t seem to be any body here, maybe someone just forgot to close their…….. Jason was cut off buy a scream that seemed to be coming from Sarah’s mouth. And a loud gun shot. He then heard the sound of something hard hitting the ground and a male voice grunt . He heard some cussing words and the words “what the hell!”. Jason turned around to reveal a built ,Caucasian man with light ,damp, medium length hair, bright blue eyes and he was holding his arm in pain. blood was dripping down the spot he held and onto the floor. 



“ put your hands up! Police!” Sarah shouted.



“ what the hell is wrong with you, does it look like I can put my hands up? You shot me in the god damn arm!” he screamed in shock and fury.



“ you tried to attack my partner with that lamp! I had to shoot you I had no choice!” she said in her defense.



“ man are you stupid, you attacked me! You are lucky your not dead, you know I could have you arrested for striking an officer!” Jason said



“ I could have you both arrested for trespassing on private property and then shooting me!” he said in anger. “who the hell are you anyway? And why are you in my house.” he demanded



“ We are special investigators, officer Bellow and officer brinks. We came here to ask …. Well I guess if this is your house that means we came here to ask YOU some questions about your friend ‘Melody Thomson’ and we saw your door open thinking someone broke in and began to check your house for intruders, we announced our presence and called for anyone several times but there was no answer so we assumed something was wrong.” she explained



“ oh and why did you , strike my partner! Are you out of your mind!” she demanded an explanation,



“ I was in the shower! Of course I didn’t answer! I heard a loud bang that was coming from downstairs so I decided to check it out, I put on a towel and made my way out of the bathroom. that’s when I heard voices from downstairs so I figured someone had broken in again. so I grabbed the closest thing to me (which was my bedroom lamp) and I hid by the corner of my room door. When you turned around and you were facing the opposite way, I figured that was my chance! There was no way anyone’s robbing me again!“ Jason explained.



“ well come with us we will get you cleaned up and then ask you a couple questions” Sarah instructed.



“ hey wait a second. Questions about what! What’s wrong with Mel? Is she alright? “ Jason asked in panic.



“ We don’t know yet. Look, just come with us and we will explain everything to you as long as you help us out.” Sarah assured him.



Landen hesitated at first but he gave in because the pain that shot out of his arm from the bullet wound was to much. He decided he could use a hospital and maybe a sandwich since he hadn’t eaten anything yet. He also thought that he could use a beer but he decided to leave that part out when the investigators asked if  he needed anything
© Copyright 2010 amanda (amandacollins at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1676542-Road-To-Crimes-part-three