*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1655353-Consider-This
Rated: E · Other · Comedy · #1655353
It started with one of those phonecalls with the robotic voice offering the choice to
It started with one of those phonecalls with the robotic voice offering the choice to speak to a human 'customer service consultant'.  This option did not exist and was in fact put in place to avoid human workers bearing the brunt of frustrations expressed by customers.  Yes, I was calling to give someone an earful about being robbed of my unused prepaid mobile credits.  And yes, some poor person was spared the stress of having to listen to the same complaint for the thousandth time by yet another victim.  So what, suck it up, you knew the rules and so on, I can hear you thinking it.  The bottom line is that their policy is to steal, to make users pay again despite not using what they've already paid for!



I tried complaining about them to the telecommunications ombudsman by phone and  got the same runaround, pressing buttons for options which never included speaking to a human being.  By this time I was ranting and probably as mad as the customer with a two cent debt who kept getting reminders, only mine was a theft of eighty-two dollars, on a phonecall the robot informed me was costing me five dollars.  The thing is, the phone service provider sent me the email that said I could somehow save my phone credits if I just phoned that damned number!



Now I have to step back, not care, relax, recompose myself because the stress of this injustice is manifesting as a knot in the back of my skull and anybody who is in this room with me may bear the brunt of my inability to comprehend this unjustness.  For a while there my 'I don't care' got switched off.  Now to turn it on again.  I'm practicing on the nightly news and it's amazing that feeling as venomous as I do I can easily not care.  Who cares about Michael Clarke and Lara Bingle breaking up?  Who cares if there's a huge cyclone heading for my house?  Who cares if the Clem 7 tunnel is opening tonight?  Who cares if a policeman lost his job for being .1 over the limit?  I was robbed today ,and nobody cares, and its legal, and guess who's losing my business? 
© Copyright 2010 Shixan Shanix (shanix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1655353-Consider-This