*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1567819-The-Origins-of-a-Vampire
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Other · #1567819
:d Origins of the Vampires~ Made for the Deacon Academy
6/4/09

         A young teenager within a year from becoming a man watched the sky every night. One night, when he was sitting on a rock by a little stream, one of the bats that flew out of a cave nearby was knocked out by the wind. Immediately he turned to run. After a few steps he slipped from the soft mud, lost his balance and fell down onto the ground. The bat, only accustomed to attacking animals and sucking blood from those animals, landed on the boy and sucked until someone came and stabbed it through its heart. The teenager's father had seen what was going on in a distance and came down to rescue his son.
         He was too late though to prevent his son into becoming a vampire. He watched his son writhed and wiggled from the pains of the venom. Slowly the venom overcame the teenager. Soon he felt stronger, more powerful. His son stood up, then turned to look at his father. Immediately his father pulled out the cross and stood his ground. Not immuned, he saw his son merge with the shadows of the forest. Depressed, he went home.
         In town there was a couple vampires stalking a young woman who appeared to be delicious in their sight. Soon the newest vampire found her too. He watched as she was able to overcome her attackers by driving a wooden stick through their heart, cutting their heads off, and then stuffed garlic powder in their mouths. Then she lit a match and put their bodies on fire. He casually walked to her, smelling her perfume with the help of the wind.
         "What are you doing out here?" she asked, not showing an attitude of wanting to burn him, too.
         "I was in the forest and then all of a sudden a bat attacked me. I'm heading home," he was stumbling out of fear but couldn't just let her go either.
         "Come with me to my house," she offered him.
         "Wait, isn't it a fact vampires can't enter homes unless it's a public building?" he had a feeling he heard that before, but couldn't remember where.
         "Not unless you're invited," she said in a luring tone.
         "Okay, miss," he replied, thinking only of the craving for blood he felt.
         "So far, you haven't attacked me. Why is that?" she knew he was vampire just by looking at him, but didn't sense any threat.
         "I don't know. I don't want to be a monster either," he replied.
         "I'll teach you to live with people and feed off the blood of animals. You won't be a monster, you'll be a Daywalker."
         This was the beginning to the new vampire's life. He was named Vlad Count, after a famous vampire known as Count Dracula. He also learned she was called Bathroy Eliza, after a Vampire Countess from Hungary. She wanted him to live with her, to be able to dwell as a vampire family in the city. Not once did he be able to master the ability of a Daywalker as Bathroy Eliza had and envied her because of that.
© Copyright 2009 Angelica Weatherby-Fallishere (dragonfish at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1567819-The-Origins-of-a-Vampire