*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1526234-Extract-form-my-book
Rated: · Other · Other · #1526234
Just an extract taken from the middle of my book that im writing. Hope you like it!
"Jezabelle, can you hear me?" I could. I knew that much. The formal voice was unfamiliar but I felt comforted none the less.
"Jez." This came from my other side, it was a voice I recognized. It spoke softly but with an edge of authority, something in it made me need to reply.
"Jezabelle, My name is Dr. Culloden" As the unfamiliar voice spoke once more, I tried to open my eyes. I heard the now blurry shapes sigh in relief. My arms shook from the effort of trying to sit up and I slumped back down onto the pillow.
"You need your rest Jezabelle. You stay in bed and I'll be back to check on you. I'm sure your visitors will fill you in on what happened." The blurry shape that I presumed was Dr. Culloden, moved from the side of the bed and more blurry shapes filled his space. I turned straight for the idiot, not caring about the others.
"What happened?" I asked him, though Amy answered first.
"You fell in the river Jez." She answered, shocked that I had remembered that little. Although I had remembered that.
"I know. But I was on the bank." None of them seemed to understand my confusion, with the exception of one. I sighed, I had no time to be cautious. I turned to him again.
"How?" All of a sudden my breathing was heavy, and I remembered the face in the water, his face.
"Jez, you were upset from the funeral and went for a walk." Jack sounded upset. I felt a surge of pity. "You must have slipped into the water and pulled yourself out. I understand your confused, you hit your head pretty bad. You lost alot of blood." My eyes were better now and I could easily make out a mass of tubes coming out of my skin. I looked up into what I thought were the idiots eyes. How had he stayed so calm?! He just stood over me, worrying about my apparent lack of memory. I had been unconscious and seemed to have thought about it more than him! Surely he had realized how impossible what he had done was! How much he had changed by doing what he did! He seemed to read my thoughts.
"This doesn't change anything." He told me reassuringly, and took my hand. I had to argue. How could he say that with such belief?! He didn't look at all concerned that he had done something that was impossible for him to have done. I looked up and shook my head angrily. It was all I could manage with the others there.
© Copyright 2009 Holboll07 (holboll07 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1526234-Extract-form-my-book