*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1375200-Uniquely-Creating-my-first-item
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by iHERB
Rated: GC · Short Story · Experience · #1375200
This is a test,there it is under 90
    It was very exciting for me actually, first year in a new school and my first opportunity to do something I figured I could do, write a story for a contest. It was going to be two years of growing in grades seven and eight and I thought to myself what a great way to get to know people and for them to get to know me as well.
    I chose to do fiction,science fiction. Go figure,growing up in a time of Star Trek,Hogan's Heroes and the many impressionable movies and shows that were being shown on television, who wasn't watching? I created a Story of Aliens coming to earth to take over and turn the planet into total chaos and war...now that I think about it, it was only worth a third place finish anyways. But heck! At the time for me I didn't have a care in the world but to write something onto paper and try to make it mean something. I ended up going to high school and possibly pursuing a life in Journalism, and it has bothered me to this day that I did not stick to my guns and do it.
    Everyone in high school meets others and you end up hanging with one, two or more groups who are a lot just like you, who mutually enjoys each others company.(Unless of course you were one of those loner types,you know what I am talking about). I actually enjoyed writing more than sports, math or science, but others do not always see that side of the wall in another person. As my great years of high school passed I lost the passion, or was "redirected" somehow, influenced by a great number of factors that would turn this into a novel, not a short story.

    When I reflect on my life upto now, I can fully understand my wanting to put something onto paper that actually means something and is worth reading,whether by me or someone else! It is very difficult though to write and keep out the "negative" stuff, but to actually realize that after all the years and experiences thus far there is still a flame for wanting to write. The next step for me is to take some kind of training and learn as much about it as possible and make sure I get onto the right path, because,afterall, I still have lots of life left to experience and write it down!

   
© Copyright 2008 iHERB (microherb at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1375200-Uniquely-Creating-my-first-item