*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1362976-fools-gold-and-golds-aloof-god
Rated: · Short Story · Holiday · #1362976
sun in winter holiday spanish dreaming.
it was way back when. When the crowds mingled and choked the simple streets. thirty minutes to inch forward. but it didn't matter. we were in the midst of it all. and the horizen was in front of our eyes, right in front. it was all we could see. The parade ended the lights went out and so did we. through narrow apocalyptic streets in forgotten universes. Endless lanes and canals. moving. always moving. the madness on holiday, equipment for daily life and nature reservations surrounding everything, you realise.
Peaceful, favourite place to be. Why am I not here more often?
I adjust chrome sunglasses and squint into the sun, again.
More than this, the life i used to live, when i was perhaps, oh, a little younger, that life began with the time and ended on time. Surprises? Not enough, not by far, surprises few.
I edged towards the eclipse. I am on holiday!
© Copyright 2007 Jonathan J K Tough (jonnykempston at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1362976-fools-gold-and-golds-aloof-god