*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1338246-Under-The-Rogues-Shadow-Episode-1-4
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Fantasy · #1338246
4 out of 20 episode! Enjoy!
Chapter Four: Banquet “Art can also be painted by words alone.”
         Food! Real food! They arrived by the wood golems. I remembered that it is a royal banquet, I had to pray before enjoying the food. Clan Lady Autumn asked Clan Lord Stonehammer for a prayer. “Dwayna and Lyssa... We pray for good health in this grand wealth of a banquet. Beldenkai.” Clan Lord Stonehammer prayed. “Beldenkai.” everyone followed. I think that “Beldenkai” is like saying “Amen” in my land. We start eating, Classic eats like a wolf, Clan Lord Stonehammer eats with masterful manner, Xaeriar eats like a prince, Clan Lady Autumn eats better than Clan Lord Stonehammer, Myasha eats like a princess and Jenna eats like I do but she does it more elegantly than I do. I eat like every normal people, plain and simple. “So, how is my nephew?” Clan Lord Stonehammer asked me. “Uhh... I just met him. How come Classic acts like he is not one of your Clan Kin?” I responded and asked. “He is not my Clan Kin, he is not my nephew in blood relation, and he is my nephew because I met the Nymph who raised him when he was separated from my Clan. Well, his real parents were separated from my Clan, Classic happens to be born in the forest my Clan pass by and the same forest that we are in. I don’t know what happened to his real parents, but I found him cradled in the Nymph’s arms, I feared the worst, his parents did get killed because along the way, we are chased by Nagi Harpy Gliders.” Clan Lord Stonehammer explained. “So he was not qualified as a Stonehammer Clan Kin?” I asked. “Exactly, his loss had not come without a benefit. He is attuned to nature as do the Ryouku Nymphs are.” Clan Lord Stonehammer claimed. Attuned to nature? Is he a Ranger? Where is his bow? This land is strange enough that I get confused so easily! Jenna happens to be seated next to Classic and across the table from me, width wise. “What's Xaeriar’s problem with a guy named Kalasto?” I asked Jenna, knowing that Xaeriar did not hear me, he is still ogling with Clan Lady Autumn. “Simple, Xaeriar is a Paladin, Kalasto is a Necromancer.” Jenna answered. Paladin? I think she meant when a warrior starts following the way of the monk. “So who is the lass? New comrade?” Clan Lord Stonehammer asked. “She is from Tyria, not the Ancient Tyria, more of the New Tyria.” Myasha answered. “Oh, when I hear Tyria, I thought that she could be an Ancient under the smooth skin.” Clan Lord said. I was offended by the comment and punched him off his chair, Classic laughs. “Hahaha! I got slapped by her and you got punched by the same lass! Seems that you deserved that, you old Iron hide.” Classic teased Clan Lord Stonehammer as he laughing. Classic got hit in the face by The Clan Lord Stonehammer’s War Hammer and flies off his chair. Clan Lord Stonehammer gets back up on his chair. “Don’t worry, lass. It happens many times.” Clan Lord Stonehammer assured to me. I giggled a bit about what just happened between Classic and Clan Lord Stonehammer. Classic gets up and gave Clan Lord Stonehammer, his hammer back. “Thanks. That will end my headache.” Classic said to Clan Lord Stonehammer. Everyone laughs about the comment. “Anyway, I got some information from the Nage. They are planning to start a war between The Necrofear Clan and The Hellcaster Clan.” Classic warned. “How so? My father and my uncle used to be in a Master and Apprentice” A woman’s voice spoke. I turn around, seeing only a woman stepping out of a portal. The portal closes with a small shockwave of magical energy as she steps out. The woman looks like an Elementalist like me, but there a difference, she looks like a prodigy and I’m only a student. Her green eyes glows like an Ether Aura then dims as the portal closes. Her long, tamed and brunette hair are straight and I could have sworn that I saw sparks of energy is surging around her hair without messing it up, like it is constantly combing and brushing her hair. Her wardrobe is not like the other Elementalists that I knew, her robe is like a short-sleeved trench coat, her gloves are made of thick leather, some parts of the hand and forearm are plated with light metal, her pants is a open skirt with a tight legging under it, and her boots are seems to be made magically to lighten the overall weight of the armor. “Oh! Hey uh...uh... Lunaria. heh heh.” Classic shuddered. What happened between Lunaria and Classic? I’m sure that Classic got Lunaria angry and she just unloads on him. Right before my eyes, Classic disappears in thin air, then I saw a kitten climbing onto Jenna’s shoulder, apparently scared of Lunaria. “What got Classic to turn tail?” I asked. “I guessed he still remember last time that he willingly became my guinea pig for one of my potion experiments.” Lunaria answered. Clan Lord Stonehammer laughs. “That is a great moment, you gave him a potion and we ended up finding him in The Frozen Tundra with his head stuck in the ice.” Clan Lord Stonehammer laughed. “I never expect that to happen, Gambrick. I tested it on a fellow student when I was still learning from my father, he said that it is a success and he returned to my Clan Village.” Lunaria explained. I look back at the kitten and I laugh, I saw the familiar beard on the kitten, the kitten is Classic! Well, the beard is small enough that it is not noticeable. Classic transformed back to himself and showed me a thumb up. “Check up another one for me.” Classic jested. My guess is Classic really likes to entertain people, but why did not work as an actor or other entertainers like Norgu and Lady Althea? Lunaria approached Myasha with a smile. “Hi, cousin. Did you find your lover yet?” Lunaria asked Myasha. “Hey, cousin. Every man I met only ended up eating the hard wood of The Noble’s Rest Inn. They basically rubbed me the wrong way.” Myasha answered. My only guess is the drunks are getting on to her and she does not like them. If she is that hard to get, will she ever find someone she at least giggle about? “Lunaria? Do you know when your uncle comes around? I know if you come here, he’ll be here after you.” Clan Lady Autumn asked. “Not sure. Clan Lord Necrofear is becoming more distant from me and my father, like something is weighing him heavily.” Lunaria answered. “Something must have happened. I had an intuition about it.” Xaeriar said. That comment surprises me, Xaeriar, a Paladin, worried about Clan Lord Necrofear, a Necromancer. As I was about to stand up, but a portal appears. The portal is surrounded by bones and mort fleshes, it look disturbing and death-like. A skeleton jumps out of the undead-like portal and dashes to Lunaria. Instead of trying to kill her, it was giving her a note. Lunaria reads it with concerns. “Another war had started, the Nage Clan had broken the Pact of Ward.” Lunaria announced with fear. “How so?” Clan Lady Autumn asked. “The Nage ambushed three of my uncle’s caravans, one heading to the Academy, second was heading to his outposts, and the third one was delivering artifacts to my father for identification.” Lunaria explained. “That was minor, The Iron Guards can handle it.” Xaeriar assures. “There is more.” Lunaria responded. “The Nage also taken over Mortumus, a clear sign that the Pact of Ward is broken.” Lunaria explained. Silence, I noticed that even Classic had lost his good side. “Is there will be another Clan War?” Jenna asked. “Not so sure, if its bad enough, there will be another Clan War.” Clan Lord Stonehammer answered. Another Clan War? If its bad enough, it will be Clan Wars Four! “Does The Imperials know about the attack?” Classic asked. “Heh, I highly doubt that they do. They must be still trying to keep their interests going.” Clan Lord Stonehammer disagreed.
© Copyright 2007 J.B. Smith (classicrogue at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1338246-Under-The-Rogues-Shadow-Episode-1-4