*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1264662-Life-beyond-the-Stone
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Other · #1264662
This is a brief glimps of the life of professor severus snape's daughter Alexa
HP inside stories Another look at the books written by JK Rowling


She walked slowly down the hall towards her father’s office, her footsteps making hollow sounding thuds on the stone floor. She knew what was coming, it was unavoidable. She stopped before the large oak door, hesitated a moment then knocked. “Enter.” Came the cold reply from inside the office. She opened the door, stepped in and closed the door with at dull click, imprisoning herself in the dark office.

“You wanted to see me Severus?” She stood her ground a few paces from his desk and waited. “Tell me.” He began slowly in a voice barley above a whisper, “how do explain the events that transpired in the great hall this evening?” “I couldn’t explain it even if I wanted to.” She stated evenly, hoping this would pass as valid. “Alexa, our family has been in Slytherin for more than 5 generations, do you really want to be the unlucky soul to break that tradition?” “No….I mean…” she stuttered, “You of all people should understand how the sorting works.” “I have absolutely no control over it.”

“Griffindor. You were assigned to GRIFFINDOR Alexa!” He thundered. “As I said, I have absolutely no control……” Snape rose from behind his desk and came to a halt in front of his daughter. He glowered at her, his face a foot away from hers. She stared back at him, unblinking. “ Ravenclaw I can understand, but Griffindor. He shook his head and turned back to his books and did not look up again. “I don’t know what to say.” She said in a deflated voice. Seeing that Snape made no move to answer she turned and left the room. She grimaced to herself wondering how she would ever make it through the school year.


What’s in a Name

Alexa walked briskly down the corridor sagging slightly under the weight of her bag, but trying to hide her anxiety. She had survived History of Magic, Professor Binns had failed to call the role so she had been able to hide by pretending to be deeply engrossed in her books on giant wars. But her father had never failed to call the role and there was no reason that today should be an exception.
She slunk against the wall trying to hide, perhaps hoping to turn to stone and become one with the wall. But her wish would not be granted, the students started filling into the dungeon, a silence fell over them as it only did in Potions. She took a seat at the back of the room.
Snape stood and swept his cold dark eyes over the class, a wordless command for silence. They did not need telling twice. In a lazy, almost bored manner he lifted the roll of parchment from his desk and began reading the names. He stopped for a moment, lifted his eyes from the parchment and stared directly at Alexa. She knew what was coming. “Alexa Snape, stand.” Elena felt the blood drain from her face, she stood and glared at him. There was a collective intake of breath as the class gave her a once over.

“Tell me Alexa, what is the only metal that can kill a werewolf?” “Silver…Professor” she stopped to put an emphasis on the word professor. She shot him a telepathic message “I know the rules of this game.” “Do you?” “Yes. Humiliation, and if that fails, docking the grades.” “Good, then you will have no excuse for failure.” “Indeed.”
© Copyright 2007 Othello (iago1993 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1264662-Life-beyond-the-Stone