*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1217563-Let-Our-Circle-Be-Unbroken
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #1217563
An angel-demonic hybrid finds his destiny in the world
Chapter One:
Waltz with Destiny

Ayden sighed; it would be another long day at school, and for what? To get an education to go somewhere in life? He isn’t like others, even if they didn’t know, nobody really liked him, only having 4 of his closest friends, whom were all girls from the same angle from him, and because all his friends were girls, people thought he was gay. He wasn’t gay at all, and what’s strange is that he had to power to incinerate them, but he didn’t choose to. He wasn’t sure what alignment he was. Humans and creatures like him had alignment, some were good, some where bad, some followed the law, and some didn’t. He didn’t know where he was. It was like he was stuck in the damn middle. Ayden was handsome, not as good as those jocks that played football, but just modest handsomeness. He had pale skin, from his mother’s side, and spiky long black hair, streaked with burgundy and red. He already developed a small brownish-black mustache and some hair under his lip. He was about 5 feet and 10 inches, muscular but still skinny, lean and lanky, and of course, grungy. But the most remarkable feature of Ayden was his eyes. His eyes were brilliant and catlike, and there were glassy green.

It was almost the Christmas vacation, and that meant 2-weeks off. He could finally focus on something else than school, and his horrible dreams. He really didn’t have the time to be focusing on dreams—they were just dreams, and nothing more. But…it was so graphic and because of that, he couldn’t keep awake…it’s like…if his body was forcing him to be nocturnal.

“Problems?” A girl asked, her name was Nirvana, which meant “paradise,” literally.

“Kind of, remember those dreams I’ve been having,” Ayden said.

“Dreams,” Nirvana muttered, “I’m not a diviner.”

“Yeah, contrary to that,” he muttered, he gave a small chuckle.

Nirvana had book in her hand and gave it to Ayden. Nirvana was beautiful, Native American girl having dark black-greenish hair with a circlet of withered leaves. Her skin was not as pale as Ayden, but somewhere between light and dark, her eyes were almond brown. She wore a black top with sleeves of wide-holed fishnets, a long, velvety black skirt with no stockings and open-toed platform heels. Around her neck was a silver cross, in her ears, were white, dangling skulls.

“Look what it says,” Nirvana said, pointing to a small article. Ayden read, with little interest, until it said:

“Angelic-Demonic Hybrid”

Ayden became nervous. “Where’d you get this book?”

“From some Alterative Book store, it sells books with myths, tales, legends…or facts…in your case.”

Ayden closed the book, “I don’t want to read.”

“That’s your damn loss,” Nirvana said. “Can Juniper and I come over today to your house?”

“Yeah,” Ayden sighed, “Sheryl and Antonio won’t be home today, so yeah.”

“Good,” Nirvana said and began to eat the chicken finger in front of her. “Shit, this is undercooked…um…”

“Yeah,” Ayden laughed as Nirvana handed him the chicken finger. A small bluish-purplish flame lit from his fingers and baked it until it was crisp.

“Thanks,” Nirvana said, chomping down on it.

~~~

“Why are you ignoring it? You little fool!” A voice shouted. Ayden ran around frantically. This was New York, but all the buildings were smashed, the roads were ripped up, there were fires everywhere and he was walking ankle-deep in blood with dead corpses all over.

“Leave me alone!” Ayden shouted. He was angry, but fear shielded it. He was dizzy of course, but he had to keep steady. Anything could kill him. His black jeans were soaked in glowing, crimson blood when he heard an inhuman roar. It was a long black flying creature, with 2 pairs of glowing red eyes, 2 pairs of arms and a long, forked tongue. It chased Ayden while everything around it crumbled and fell apart. Ayden began to run away from the creature, but it seems he couldn’t be running away. He had to fight back, but he was too scared. He couldn’t…he couldn’t…

The creature had something in its mouth, a glowing, white light, which sung a soft sound. Ayden recognized it quickly. His hair began to bristle and harden as the thing’s fangs began to crush the form that was cloaked in the light. He quickly leaped up, and from his back, materialized black feathered wings, but he didn’t know now to use them. What was he supposed to do…?

“If biology is so boring, I bet your wet dream is too,” Mrs. Grail said. She had a way to play people, so everyone burst out laughing.

Ayden woke up, embarrassed.

Why are subjected to their laughter? You could burn them into a crisp.

NO! Don’t do it, take it and don’t do anything, just don’t fall asleep next time.
Ayden buried his head in his arms in embarrassment.

“Now, I will like it, if you would pay attention,” Mrs. Grail said harshly. Ayden nodded.

~~~

Ayden was home, tired and wanting to sleep, but if he did, he would be up all night. He felt like a headache was coming on. In the microwave, his surrogate parents had left some pasta. He took some out and ate some and then got his books out for homework.

“Oh well, if I’m going to grow up as a human, might as well excel,” Ayden said, knowing he was a good student with a lot of potential. He was just always distracted. Ayden had quickly finished his math homework and his social science homework, and now he could watch TV. But, he was too tired, so he ended up falling asleep…with nightmares that plagued him. He couldn’t, he kept moaning, groaning and giving frightened yelps. How could he live like this! It simply isn’t normal. That’s all he wished for—normal biological parents, normal genes and a normal yet alterative life.

“Ayden, we’re home!” Sheryl called out.

“Ugh…hey,” he said, he was quite groggy.

“You don’t look so well,” Antonio said softly.

“I had some…bad…school lunch,” Ayden lied.

“Okay, well just get ready for bed,” Sheryl sighed and walked upstairs. Ayden slumped down and sighed. He felt like calling Nirvana and talking to her, but she was probably already asleep. It was quite late.

Ayden’s eyes flickered as he felt a shiver go down his spine. He went to his room and shut the door, he might as well have.
© Copyright 2007 Nocturna (fairy_peacock at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1217563-Let-Our-Circle-Be-Unbroken