*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1182734-The-Dragon-Keeper-Chapter-Two-
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Rose
Rated: ASR · Fiction · Fantasy · #1182734
Chapter two of the book The Dragon Keeper.
~Chapter 2~


          Rose wearily sat down on her window ledge as she did every night thinking of life on the other side. She couldn't hold in her tears anymore. The shiny tear drops tumbled down her smooth skin.

          She thought she would take a walk around the house to hopefully calm her down. Rose dragged her feet as she walked out of her room and into the hall. She heard something off in the distance. It was foot steps. Rose panicked and ran into the nearest guest room. She prayed that who ever walking around didn't catch her out of her room past 12 o' clock.

          Rose saw a shadow moving at the door. She scampered behind the dresser. She pressed her back against the smooth, cold dresser afraid of what would happen if she got caught. Her heart was racing. She could only hear the beating of her heart.

          The door opened slowly. Rose breathed heavier. She saw the shadow move more into the room. It was that strange man that was staying at the house. Rose watched as the man walked cautiously up to the bed. He pushed the bed away form the wall. He grunted as he just finished pushing it. He breathed out heavily from exhaustion. He looked down. He walked behind the bed and walked downward as if stairs were there. Rose blinked in astonishment.

          Rose waited frightened with her back still pressed against the dresser. afraid that when she would move the man would appear and catch her spying. Time seemed to pass slowly.

          Rose finally built up the courage to move when she heard foot steps again. The man reappeared from behind the bed. The man pushed the bed back to the wall. He grunted very loudly it seemed like he would wake the whole house up. He looked around more and then slowly walked into the bathroom and closed the door.

          Rose didn't take a moment to lose and ran outside of the room to find Terra sitting at the top of the staircase staring right at her. The look of hatred came from Terra's eyes and yet Rose could see sadness hiding behind it.

          Terra stood up and clutched Rose by the shirt ripping it at the neck. Terra slapped her mindlessly, the thing that Rose feared the most. The pain felt like a horrible sting that pierced her skin. Rose's cheeks throbbed with extreme pain. She felt weak. Her breathing weakened. Rose took one last look at Terra's confused eyes before she blacked out.
© Copyright 2006 Rose (angel7 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1182734-The-Dragon-Keeper-Chapter-Two-