*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1082387-The-adventure-of-David-Blackie
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Marco
Rated: · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1082387
This story is very exciting.
Chapter One-Leaving Home

I left my house that day because both my father and mother were lost for a month very suddenly. And I had no money to pay for the house, so the house owner kicked me out.
I really did not know what should be done, but when I was packing things to be out, I found instructions in my bedroom’s drawer. There was a letter which was written by my father. It said that I should bring this letter to find my grandfather who I have not seen when he lose or died. It was quite far away from my house. I lived in the south while my grandpa lived in the north.
Luckily, there was a man would come with me. He was a servant of us and father trusted him much. His name was Benjamin. He was a man of about 60 years old, quite tall but thin.
In my father’s letter, it told me that my grandfather was a rich man and lived in a big house. So I felt a bit hopeful to it. But Benjamin was not sure about it.
We brought some food and water and map and then started our journey. At that time I did not know that it would be a hard and long journey.
I read the map with Benjamin. And it showed that it was about 1300 miles*. Then I immediately looked at the sky and thought about how my legs would become after going to grandpa’s house.
I had the last glance of my house, and started our journey.
We had no money to travel by a car. The only way, is walk. Firstly, I thought that I had a strong body and could manage this distance easily. I even ran at first. And Benjamin asked me to slower my speed very often. “I am very strong. You are so weak. I will not wait for you.” That’s the idea I thought that time. I even fast my speed very frequently.
But very soon, I started to feel a bit request. My legs were too tired. Benjamin could walk faster than me. But he did not think the same idea with me. Instead, he asked me to take a rest and waited for me and gave me a drink.
“Davie,” Benjamin said, “we’re goin’ such a long distance. We need help. We need each other.” “Okay. I promised you.” I spoke.



Explanation: *1300 miles are a very long distance. It is even longer than the distance between Hong Kong and Beijing, which is 1254 miles.
Chapter Two-Two Strange Robbers

On the following months, we could not live in a proper house. We could only find a cave to sleep in, or just slept on the street. Besides, we got many obstacles. But I don’t want to talk about all of them now. I just want to share the obstacles both I and Benjamin felt very fear and hopeless to you.
We have walked for some months already. I guessed that 1000 miles shall be walked. On that day, we were robbed. The robber wore a black mask. He was very tall, wearing a black T-shirt. He caught our necks. We both could not breathe for a moment. He got a partner, who was also wearing a black mask, but a female. She stole our bags. But when she opened our bag, she whispered to the man at once. Then the man relaxed his hand and looked at us, then ran away. We checked the bag at once. But, surprisingly we have not lost anything.
We found a cave immediately and went in. We wondered about what happened. The two robbers caught us and could get our stuff easily and got away from the law easily. I hardly remembered their face, or I should say I could not see their face at all.
We could only get a childish reason. The female robber felt sick and needed to run at once. But we both were very sure; this unreasonable reason was untrue and impossible.
On the next few weeks to arrive at grandpa’s house, we had not been robbed again. On the other words, we got to grandpa’s house successfully.
Although we felt strange about the robbing, anyway, we still arrived at grandpa’s house,
After so many obstacles, we both did not know that it was not the end of our journey, instead, it was the beginning only.

Chapter Three-Coming to Grandpa’s House

When we came to the house, we were shocked. The house was too big that Benjamin and I have not seen such a huge house before. Then I knocked at the door, very soon, an old man came to the door.
“Are you the grandfather of David Blackie?” I asked the man politely.
“What? David Blackie?” the old man answered, “I don’t know him. But wait for me. Let me ask my master.”
A minute later, another old man came. “What? David?” the old man shouted, “Who are you?”
Then I took out the letter from my bag and told him my story, “My father lose and told me to come here to find my grandpa that I haven’t seen. Is that you, master?”
But after he read the letter, he suddenly looked at me, and said, “Oh! That’s you. Sorry! I…I haven’t seen you for a long…long time!”
“You are really Davie’s grandfather” Benjamin wanted to make sure about it.
“Ah… Of course!” the old man answered.
“But…” the servant said.
“Shut up and led them to my house.” my grandfather cut his sentence.
“But…” the servant wanted to explain.
“I told you to shut up, man.” My grandfather stared at him and spoke fiercely.
Then I came to the house with Benjamin. The house was very tidy and beautiful. There were many people there. They were his servants. There were also many rooms in the house.
“Hey! My servants listen,” a loud voice broke my thinking, “here is my grandson, David Blackie. And here is his servant, Benjamin. He two was goin’ to live with us. You all guys need to serve them properly! Understand?”
“Yes!” the servants shouted loudly with confidence.
Then my grandpa said to Benjamin and me in a soft voice, “My name is Jackie. And your room would be right there,” He pointed to a brown door, “let me and my servants showed you.”
Then he shouted again, “Guys! Come with me and showed where Benjamin and Davie’ room in.”
After a moment, all of the servants led us to the brown door and led us in. The room had two big beds. The decoration was very great.
“This will be your room. If you don’t like it, tell me!” Jackie said.
“We loved it very much!” both of us spoke at once.
We haven’t lived in such a great house before, both of Benjamin and I felt very excited.
Chapter Four-The Attack

We lived there happily for some days. Jackie and his servants served us very well. But one day, trouble came and that day, I am very sure, was the day I felt the saddest.
On that day, we ate breakfast like a start of a normal day. But while we were talking about how the breakfast tasted, a servant went in and shouted, “There is army outside. Beware, my master!”
Both of us stood up. When I prepared to rush outside, Benjamin told me to stay because it might be dangerous outside. Then I decided to stay in.
Then I heard some words from outside, “it’s them, Jack’, the two robbers!” After that, I heard some crying outside, “I am in agony!” And it seemed like Benjamin’s voice.
So I rushed outside at once. But then an arrow flew to me. When I thought that I must die, I closed my eyes. Then I did not feel any painful. “I must in the heaven.” I thought. But I was wrong. When I opened my eyes, I saw I man lying in front of me with lot of blood. That was Benjamin!
Then I immediately said to Benjamin, “Are you alright? Are you okay? It must be fine!” But there came no reply. Something strange happened again, when the two robbers killed Benjamin and saw me; they ran away with their army.
When all of them left, I saw another man lying on the floor with some blood. That was Jackie. I asked him the same questions as I asked Benjamin. But there was a reply, “Davie, I am not your grandfather, not even a relative… You needed to…to run. Towards the…” He died finally.
“What? Where do I need to go?” I asked and shook his body.
I looked around and thought that I was really hopeless and despair. “No one helped me.” I thought.
Then I was so sad and waled and walked, even I don't know where I am going, to Asia or America, but I know that I am coming to the light where the truth will be shown.
© Copyright 2006 Marco (marcocheung6 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1082387-The-adventure-of-David-Blackie