*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1004877-Beginning--Angelic-Light
by Angel
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Fantasy · #1004877
The first chapter of my story.. it gets better after this one.. please review!
            - Sad Farewells -

         As I am the creator, I feel it is my duty to tell you of the problem that is currently affecting both your realm and mine.
         A man has been trying to take over our realm. The man is also, in turn, trying to take over my consort Rayun, and myself.
         This man has been causing other problems as well. He has been entering our realm through the mortal realm and killing some of our lesser gods and beasts. We are not yet certain of his motives, but we do know that he is one of our enemies.
         Lately, we have been debating on whom we should send to spy, and collect information on him. Knowing that whoever we choose will have a dangerous mission because the dominate species in the mortal realm, the human, is completely un-predictable...
         My consort, Rayun, approached the many gods and goddesses who lived around the palace. Our children....
         “Who shall go?” he asked.
         “I think that Iesma should go.” one person responded.
         “Yes, I think so too.”
         “... don’t I get a say in this too?” Iesma’s quiet voice asked.
         Every face in the room looked to her.
         “ I really don’t want-”
         “I know how you feel about it, but there is no other way,” Rayun responded.
         “... is there?” she asked.
         “I shall go.” a strong female voice sounded out.
         “Fiona?! Absolutely not! Why would you even think of that?!” Rayun instantly flared up at his first-born daughter.
         “Iesma shouldn’t be forced into going if she doesn’t want too.” she responded.
         “But even if she doesn’t go, that doesn’t mean you should.”
         “No, it doesn’t, but I want to. I want to learn more about the human species, and this mission would be the perfect way to do so.”
         “Fiona, now is not the time for that kind of thing.” he argued sharply.
         “Why not? I think it is a fine time for it.”
         “...what do you think, Luna?” Rayun asked, turning to face me.
         “I think it is a good time as well.” I responded calmly, Rayun had always been over-protective of our children, and albeit I wasn't happy with Fiona going, I had begun to understand that armageddon was nearly upon us..
         “All right then, Fiona it is.. but what if this man suspects her?” He grumbled, still not happy with the decision.
         “We should change her identity. It wouldn't be that complicated.. her name, appearance, memories...” I said, and all at once I realized that this just might work.
         “Of course...! I believe that Raedyn should do it. Considering thoughts and memories are his specialty. And Demian as well, for he can change her appearance.” Rayun suggested.
         So on went the process of sending one of our own into the other realm. We had already sent another goddess to the mortal realm, a few years back, and she visits every now and then... so we knew that it was possible to go between realms.
         Lythadane, her name was. The goddess of souls. She went down to the mortal realm on a simple mission: to collect the soul of a human boy who had lost everything. To end his pain, and take him into the next world. But she could not even do that. She felt a strong attraction for the boy, and let him live. Even now, she continues visits the boy, as they have become very close. She spends the most of her time residing in graveyards and cemeteries. Taking the souls from dead and dying mortal beings.
         Raedyn was hesitant when he first heard the idea. He didn’t want his sister and consort going to live with humans!
         "Fiona, what if something should happen to you?"
         "Don't worry Brother. Nothing shall happen to me. I can protect myself."
         "Even without your magic?"
         "I know how to fight. I'm a warrior, just like you." Fiona protested, giving her brother the best convincing smile she could. She was anxious, worried and a little scared, but she tried her best not to show it.
         “Alright... I shall do this... but after two years, your memory will start to come back. And you must return here, or you shall face great danger. Agreed?”
         “All right, two years should be plenty of time.” Fiona agreed.
         “When you get there, you won’t remember anything... you won’t know anything but the basics of our language.. You will have to learn everything anew including the human dialect...” he sighed. “Lythadane will meet you there, give you your new name, and everything you shall need...”
         “Thank you.... everyone. You won’t be disappointed.” Fiona said, and was gone.
         “I hope everything goes fine...” I muttered, mostly to myself.
         “Let’s all hope.” Rayun whispered, as he walked away; knowing that if she didn't get enough information, something went wrong, or she was discovered, both his realm and the mortal realm would be forever in a state of anarchy and pandemonium.
© Copyright 2005 Angel (angel2037 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1004877-Beginning--Angelic-Light