*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Shrunk
  2. Final Preps
  3. Asking Off From Work
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/950227-Special-Delivery/cid/241691-Shrunk
by Speck
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #950227
Scientist developes shrinking formula, and has a wacky idea.
This choice: Bryan overslept and woke up at noon.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #5

Shrunk

    by: Speck
“Oh God, please help me,” Bryan screamed as he ran for his life. “Just gotta get away!”

Bryan could barely keep his balance as the earth around him shook violently with a POUND! POUND! POUND! Bryan kept running as fast as he could as he nervously glanced back. Closing in on him were a pair of mammoth Airwalks twice the size of a football field. The monstrosities covered an enormous distance with each ominous stomp.

Within a matter of seconds, the gargantuan treads of an unknown giant’s shoes were right on top of him, ready to flatten him with one gigantic stomp. Bryan crouched down with his arms over his head and screamed.

- - -

Bryan awoke suddenly in a mild sweat around noon, and groggily glanced at the clock.

“What a dream,” Bryan thought as he checked the time. “Oh Shit! I overslept.”

Bryan rushed around in a frenzy getting ready for his little trip. Tommy would arrive in just three hours, but Bryan wanted to have everything ready well in advance. He grabbed a bite to eat and took a quick shower.

Bryan carefully prepared a single batch of shrinking formula. He went to the kitchen to give everything one last check. He took a yellow sticky pad and wrote a note for Tommy:

TOMMY,
THANKS FOR MAILING THE PACKAGE. BE SURE AND LOCK UP WHEN YOU LEAVE. I’LL PROBABLY BE BACK IN A WEEK OR SO. IF YOU COULD PICK UP THE NEWSPAPER FOR ME, AND KEEP AN EYE ON THINGS AROUND HERE, I’D APPRECIATE IT.
BRYAN SMITH


Bryan stuck the note next to the transport box. He then went to his bedroom and got undressed. He downed the shrinking formula and rushed to the kitchen and sat on the table. Within two minutes the brilliant research scientist had shrunk to a mere quarter of an inch. He took in his surroundings with as much awe as his first shrinking experience. He walked over and got dressed in the clothes he had left there the night before.

It was 2 p.m. Tommy would arrive in one hour. Bryan looked over nearly mesmerized at the hundred dollar bill he left for Tommy. The bill and the salt shaker that secured it were titanic. Bryan figured he had time to explore these curiosities before he needed to secure himself in the box. He began the short jog to the middle of the kitchen table.

You have the following choices:

1. Bryan freaks out when he hears someone at the door.

2. Bryan explores the kitchen table.

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Speck (UN: utek at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Speck has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/950227-Special-Delivery/cid/241691-Shrunk