*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. A Friend In Need?
  2. Which mate?
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/880433-More-Than-Just-Friends/cid/235824-A-Friend-In-Need
Rated: GC · Interactive · LGBTQ+ · #880433
Can a strained friendship last as a massive change hits them? Find out!
This choice: Mike  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

A Friend In Need?

    by: Shrunk Matt™
Sitting on a barstool, at the local night club, Mike was sipping his vodka and coke very slowly.
It had been a long night, and no matter how hard he'd tried, Mike just couldn't shake the imagery from his mind.
Just four hours earlier he'd been in Matt, his best friend's bed. He didn't understand it fully; did it make him gay? Did it mean that his girlfriend would dump him?
All these questions and more besides were spinning around inside his head as his thoughts were interrupted by a hand tapping on his shoulder. Turning his head slightly, he could see who it was; it was Matt

"You gonna finish that?" Matt asked, indicating the half finished drink that was sitting on the bar top.
Mike promptly picked up the drink and downed it in a single gulp
"What are you doing here?" Matt asked, clearly concerned for his friend.
Mike ignored the question and got up to go.
"Mike, talk to me. We're best mates!"
"No Matt!" Mike said softly, "We WERE best mates! That all changed this afternoon!" And he walked out into the street.
Matt shook his head, almost as if he couldn't believe his ears, and hurried after him.

Matt ran out into the street, listening for his friend, and he could hear sobbing nearby. Sure enough, in a side alley next to the night club.
Matt walked down it to where Mike was; sitting on a old beer barrel by the fire door.
"Mind if I sit down?" asked Matt, and Mike just shrugged his shoulders.
"Mike, today was the best day of my life so far. You were so fantastic, it was almost unbelievable...." said Matt, with emotion.
Mike clenched his fists and turned to look into his friend's eyes. Matt could see tears in his eyes.
"Come here," Matt whispered, opening his arms for a hug.
Mike hesitated, almost as if he wasn't sure what he should do. Then slowly he leant forwards and hugged Matt.
"I'm scared Matt" he whispered, "What if Claire finds out?"
Matt thought about it; Claire was Mike's girlfriend.
"She doesn't have to know mate."

Matt took a quick look down the alley and pulled away slightly.
"Do you want to come back to mine?"
Mike's mind rushed with all kinds of thoughts; good and bad.
What was he to do?
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Shrunk Matt™ (UN: mjwill at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Shrunk Matt™ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/880433-More-Than-Just-Friends/cid/235824-A-Friend-In-Need