*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/722041-Knights-and-Dragons/cid/378702-In-the-bedchamber
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Gothic · #722041
The days of knights and chivalry flourish...or do they?
This choice: You return to your chamber to prepare to feast.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

In the bedchamber

    by: Unknown
You head up the stone staircase to your bedchamber and are quick through the door, which you fasten. You remove your heavy armour and pull your chest out from behind your cot. All of this you do automatically, without any real thought, as your mind is raging with more important business.
You are to be the leader. This thought is foremost and you grin to yourself at the idea. It had not been a surprise; you were confident the sword of eternity, that mystifying blade, would be yours and knew that the mission would be lost with another knight leading.
You watched the muscles in your arm flicker as you grasp the sword of eternity firmly. Moving your eyes up, over the gems to the cold blade your pupils dilate.
But that other knight. Blind bravery and insolence he must have to disrespect you in such a way, keeping his face hidden from his new leader. Yet the king allowed it, even kept him back, and for what reason you will unearth. A strong knight must know those under his command if he is to succeed.
You lift the lid of the battered, leather chest before you and take out a silk pouch and a rag. The rag you use to polish your helm and the pouch, for now, takes residence by your waist.
The feast will start in a while but you want to search for the knight whose face is still unknown before you join the merry fools in the hall.
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
DragonWrites~The Fire Faerie~ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/722041-Knights-and-Dragons/cid/378702-In-the-bedchamber