*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Things Go Awry
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/560484-Testing-the-Shrink-Ray/cid/275576-Things-Go-Awry
by Small1
Rated: GC · Interactive · Sci-fi · #560484
Eric invents the world's first shrink ray; a test goes awry.
Chapter #1

Things Go Awry

    by: Small1
Only 33 years old, Eric Brevard already had accumulated accolades and accomplishments scientists with twice his years and experience could envy.

Currently, he was working on a private project in the university where he also worked as a physics professor.

10...9...8...

Eric's adrenaline raced as the countdown ticked down the seconds until the first test of his new invention.

...7...6...5...

He had disregarded several standard protocols in order to go ahead with the test. He had hoped that his boyfriend Tom would be present for the test. But Tom had cancelled at the last moment. Well, if this worked, Tom could be present at other tests.

...4...3...2...

A strident "ZAP!" sounded in his ears just as a bright green flash momentarily blinded and disoriented him.

Those effects were only fleeting. As he looked around the room, Eric, the world's first successful test subject for a shrink ray, realized he had succeeded.

He had shrunk.
He was only...

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Small1 (UN: small1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Small1 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/560484-Testing-the-Shrink-Ray/cid/275576-Things-Go-Awry