*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. A Curious Curio
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2318860-The-Magic-Store/cid/QY32HRLSD-A-Curious-Curio
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #2318860
Come see the Emporium, a magical place that can change lives. Tf, Growth, and more.
Chapter #1

A Curious Curio

    by: The Average Gatsby
A beautiful sunrise passed above Greenlake. It was a Saturday, close to 8:00 am, and the streets were already filling up with people from all walks going about their business. A small stripmall ran across the length of a narrow street, one of many that ran across the downtown area of the city. On this stripmall were small stores of all kinds. There were cafes, book shops, gaming stores, and vendors of clothing and jewelry.

Tucked in a corner was a small brick building, open windows revealing a warmly lit, cozy lobby. The store was simply entitled “The Emporium” in letters of golden trim. None of the other vendors seemed to pay any attention to it as they went about their day. The lobby was furnished with several puffy couches and flat tables, and a pathway through the middle that led to a pair of double doors on the inside. The atmosphere was serene and peaceful, and the lobby appeared to be empty.

The door opened, letting in a rush of fresh air. A figure stepped inside, looking around. They walked down the aisle and put a hand on the doorway. The words “Welcome to the place of your dreams” were engraved into the wooden doors.. A sense of anticipation, and perhaps even apprehension ran through the figure as they reached out and touched the doorway. With a deep breath, they opened the door, and entered the store proper.

Glamorous lights hung from the ceiling, bathing every corner of the shop in calm golden light. Drapes hung across the walls, alongside intricate tracings that etched across columns to the marble floor. A desk sat in the center of the room, surrounded by objects on display, some small enough to fit in tiny display cases, and others large enough to line the walls.

There were large hallways that seemed to branch out from the main chamber, leading to further extravagant displays. A rug ran across the floor, woven with bright colors and twisting patterns. Objects, snacks, clothing, jewelry, strange vials, and boxes lined shelf after shelf, each one accessible from the pathways that ran through the store.

The figure released a breath they were holding. Seeing a mirror by the door, they studied themselves.
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 The Average Gatsby (UN: kman23 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Average Gatsby has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2318860-The-Magic-Store/cid/QY32HRLSD-A-Curious-Curio