*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2309309-Normal-Guys-Becoming-Giants/cid/D5JC6JPJV-Something-Just-Slightly-Off
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Sci-fi · #2309309
Normal guys have their lives changed forever when they become giants.
This choice: Next day he wakes up and his clothes are a bit tight  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Something Just Slightly Off...

    by: Kilbil
Like clockwork, a droning hum roused Alex from his slumber once more. However, this time, the coder was far more reluctant to leave the creature comforts of his bed, his eyelids struggling to pry themselves open as they led a Herculean assault against his fatigue. For whatever reason, he'd slept absolutely terribly last night, his every moment haunted by vivid specters and bizarre sensations that he now couldn't even begin to recall. All that he had retained was the memory of something white grazing past his calf.

Unfortunately, today was a workday, so he still had to get up some time. He knew that his workplace had rather lax "work-from-home" policies, so he could simply and not have to deal with the drudgery that came with the commute. Still, he preferred to have a running rapport with his co-workers in person. Much as he was immersed in the world of digital computers and programming, he still had a preference for the analog side of life.

With that, his body went into autopilot as he got himself out of bed and readied himself for another day. He didn't notice how his toes poked over the blankets on the other side, or how he was able to look directly at the handing clock to quickly tell the time instead of having to look up slightly. Nor did he notice the way his undergarments seemed to stretch a bit at the ends as he made his way to the bathroom and brushed his teeth like he did every morning.

He only really started noticing that anything was off when he tried on one of his polo shirts and accidentally ripped one of the sleeves trying to get it on. Funny. He'd just gotten this shirt a couple days ago and it was already getting to be a tight fit. Did it happen to shrink in the wash or something?

Wait, shit, he just remembered that the laundromat he normally went to was currently closed for repairs, so he hadn't had a chance to actually go do any laundry. In that case, what exactly was going on.

Before he could really come to any conclusions one way or the other, however...
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Kilbil (UN: lllop at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
rpdr fan has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2309309-Normal-Guys-Becoming-Giants/cid/D5JC6JPJV-Something-Just-Slightly-Off