*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2304602-Game-of-Thrones-A-Song-of-Possession/cid/RSJBGNTNN-And-so-his-watch-begins
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Adult · #2304602
Westeros is a world of unknown magic, such as possessions, bodyswaps and transformations.
This choice: Jon stays with the watch  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

And so his watch begins

    by: AlexanderTheMediocre
Jon was steering in his soup while lost in thought as he was sitting in the great hall of Castle Black. Riding south was on his mind for every second of the day. He pondered how he would do it, if he would do it, and what it meant. Deserting the watch was a shameful act, Jon was already living with the shame of being a bastard, being a deserter would take away the last bit of pride one with the last name 'Snow' could enjoy. Even if he rode south and met up with Robb would he be accepted? And what would Lord Eddard think if we managed to get him free? Eddard was a man of honour, Jon wanted nothing more than to be like his lord-father.

Jon remembered the despisefull looks Caitlin gave him on a daily basis back at Winterfell. He couldn’t risk getting those looks from the people he loved and looked up to. Then there was also the issue of his Uncle Ben having gone missing north of the wall. Would anyone go looking for him other than Jon? He had to make his peace with the idea of staying, even if it was an uneasy peace.

Alliser Thorne and Lord Commander Mormont rose up from their seats. The selection was being made known who would make their vows tonight and become proper men of the Watch. Name after name was listed, which meant many new recruit would be joining. But finally Jon’s name joined the list as well.

‘No going back now’ Jon thought to himself. While his mates and fellow recruits congratulated him he had to put up an uneasy smile and take it all in. 'This is great Jon' Samwell Tarly congratulated him. Sam was the only one who Jon could be honest to and gave a dismissive shrug. After supper it was time to rest and get ready for the ceremony.

The for now still green recruits slowly gathered in the courtyard. Black uniforms having been cleaned for the moment which would define the rest of their lives. Wind was quietly howling above the massive wall which separated Castle Black from the North, fire crackling from the fire pits around the castle and the ones unlucky enough to be on guard duty for the night were patrolling the walls.

For what seemed an enternity later the great wooden door of the keep swung open and the officers of the watch entered the courtyard, Alliser Thorne, Lord Commander Mormont, Measter Aemon, and other figures of note formed a line while the recruits hurried themselves in orderly lines before them. Only Jon was slagging behind evoking a disapproving look from Alliser Thorne.

Jon missed out on a lot of the ceremony being too distracted however once he heard Lord commander Mormont ask ‘Do any of you keep the old gods?’ Jon awoke. The old gods where the gods of his father. ‘I do’ Jon answered.

‘Right, house Stark is of the North, much like my own.’ Mormont said calmly ‘Castle Black does not have a godswood but you can find weirwoods just a mile north of the wall. Been there since the days of the children of the forest. If you wish you can pledge your oath there.’

‘I would like that, commander’ Jon answered

You have the following choices:

1. Jon goes alone

*Noteb*
2. Someone joins Jon

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 AlexanderTheMediocre (UN: alexander207 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AlexanderTheMediocre has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2304602-Game-of-Thrones-A-Song-of-Possession/cid/RSJBGNTNN-And-so-his-watch-begins