*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The Call to Action
  2. Welcome to Jurassic Park/World!
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2301039-Jurassic-World-World-Wide-Coexistence/cid/QQFTSM9GQ-The-Call-to-Action
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #2301039
Welcome to Jurassic World!
This choice: Story  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

The Call to Action

    by: Nickolosaurus
The sun had barely risen over the horizon when the first reports started flooding in. From the bustling streets of Tokyo to the quiet suburbs of Chicago, the world was waking up to a new reality – one where prehistoric creatures roamed alongside humanity.
At the Department of Prehistoric Wildlife's global headquarters, a massive wall of screens flickered with live feeds from around the world. A Stegosaurus lumbered through Central Park, its plates casting long shadows in the early morning light. In Rio de Janeiro, a flock of Pteranodons circled Sugarloaf Mountain, their eerie cries echoing across the bay. And in the heart of London, a curious Ankylosaurus had brought traffic to a standstill on Tower Bridge.
Director Samantha Reeves, a stern-faced woman in her fifties, stood before the screens, her arms crossed tightly over her chest. She'd been with the DPW since its inception, but nothing had prepared her for the sheer scale of what they now faced.
"This is getting out of hand," she muttered, more to herself than to her assembled staff. "We need a new approach."
Deputy Director Mark Chen stepped forward, tablet in hand. "The incident reports have increased by 300% in the last month alone," he said, his voice tight with concern. "Our current protocols aren't designed to handle this level of activity."
Reeves nodded grimly. "It's time to implement Project Safeguard," she announced, turning to face her team. "Get me Owen Grady and Claire Dearing."
Halfway across the country, Owen Grady was in his element. The early morning mist still clung to the grass as he led his small herd of Gallimimus through their paces. The ostrich-like dinosaurs chirped and whistled as they followed his commands, their long necks swiveling as they watched his every move.
"That's it, easy now," Owen called, guiding them through a series of turns. He'd been working with this group for months, and they were finally starting to trust him. It wasn't quite the same as his bond with Blue, but it was a start.
The sharp trill of his phone cut through the peaceful morning air. Owen frowned, fishing the device from his pocket. The caller ID made his heart skip a beat: DPW HEADQUARTERS.
"Grady," he answered, his voice cautious.
"Mr. Grady, this is Director Reeves from the Department of Prehistoric Wildlife," came the crisp reply. "We need you in Washington. Immediately."
Owen's frown deepened. "With all due respect, Director, I'm not exactly on your payroll anymore. I've got my hands full here."
"This isn't a request, Mr. Grady," Reeves countered. "We're facing a global crisis, and we need your expertise. A car will be there to pick you up in an hour."
Before Owen could protest further, the line went dead. He stared at the phone for a long moment, then looked back at his Gallimimus. They watched him expectantly, awaiting their next command.
"Sorry, guys," he sighed. "Looks like class is dismissed for now."
Meanwhile, in San Francisco, Claire Dearing was already knee-deep in her own dinosaur-related crisis. The Dinosaur Protection Group's offices were a hive of activity, with volunteers fielding calls and coordinating responses to the latest wave of sightings.
"No, ma'am, the Brachiosaurus in Golden Gate Park is not a threat to public safety," Claire explained patiently into her headset. "It's a herbivore, and our team is on site to ensure it remains in the designated safe zone."
As she spoke, she noticed her assistant, Zia Rodriguez, approaching with a worried expression. Claire held up a finger, signaling for her to wait.
"Yes, I understand your concerns," she continued. "We're working closely with local authorities to – hold on, please." She covered the mouthpiece and turned to Zia. "What is it?"
Zia handed her a sleek tablet. "Call from DPW headquarters. They say it's urgent."
Claire's brow furrowed as she scanned the message on the screen. Her eyes widened slightly as she reached the end. "Tell them I'm on my way," she said, already rising from her desk.
"But what about the Brachiosaurus situation?" Zia asked, gesturing to the bustling office around them.
Claire paused, looking around at her dedicated team. They'd been through so much together, fought so hard for the rights and protection of these ancient creatures. And now...
"You're in charge until I get back," she said, squeezing Zia's shoulder. "I have a feeling this is bigger than anything we've faced before."
As Claire hurried out of the office, her phone buzzed with a text. It was from Owen: "DPW called you too?"
She quickly typed back: "On my way to the airport now. See you in Washington?"
Owen's reply came moments later: "Looks like it. Just like old times, huh?"
Claire couldn't help but smile despite the gravity of the situation. "Let's hope not," she texted back. "Last time we saved the world, I was in heels."
As her car sped towards the airport, Claire gazed out the window at the San Francisco skyline. Somewhere out there, ancient creatures were learning to coexist with the modern world. And once again, she and Owen were being called upon to bridge that impossible gap between past and present.
Whatever the DPW had planned, one thing was certain: nothing would ever be the same again.

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Choice 1

*Noteb*
2. Choice 2

*Noteb*
3. Choice 3

*Noteb*
4. Choice 4

*Noteb*
5. Other Choices

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Nickolosaurus (UN: nickolosaurus at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Nickolosaurus has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2301039-Jurassic-World-World-Wide-Coexistence/cid/QQFTSM9GQ-The-Call-to-Action