*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Unusual garage sale
  2. Monkey paw
  3. Choose your path
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2299482-Wishes/cid/AJNF5P9X2-Unusual-garage-sale
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #2299482
What happen if you get a wish or wishes from a mythical being or object?
This choice: Option 1  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Unusual garage sale

    by: Chefjdr
James, 28; stocky, was going to garage sales to yard sales to rummage sales one Saturday. Even since he left his stepfather’s antique shop in his old, rusted pickup truck at seven in the morning, James just haven’t been able to find anything of value or rarity that his stepfather could sale.

As he stop at a rest area to eat his lunch, which was made at six in the morning and now was well passed one, James ponded on how can life can be so unfair.

Back in highschool, he was the star of the football team and was getting a full ride from one of the best college with the best football team but, in all ironically, what goes up must come down because during the high school football championship game, he somehow torn both of of his ACLs and broken a leg. James could have live with that but, it happen in the final quarter in the final seconds and unfortunately loss the game. Not soon after, the college that gave he the full ride, took back the scholarship. James would have go to college but, he just managed to keep his grades just above the recommended requirement.

This just left him with two options, community college or go into a trade.

He tried the community college by him until he was done with his physical therapy but, he failed out of community college. On the up side, his therapist stated that he could live a normal life as long as he doesn’t play any physical sports or do extremely heavy lifting.

This meant James have to go into a trade. His uncle got him into the construction company that he was managing and have James do different things every week to find the right job for his nephew.

When James try out masonry, he just feel in love with it. Even if he couldn’t lift the more bigger and heavy pieces of stones, he put forth effort with each job until one day. Just like his unknown football career, his mason’s job was took from him as he fell from a scaffold on to a pile of stones. The accident didn’t take his life but, it left him paralyzed for a year.

He ended up getting a settlement from the construction company because the scaffolding that he was on was old and was about to break.

As James finish with his lunch and memory, he slow got back into his truck and try to find something good for his stepfather’s shop.

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Rich neighborhood

*Noteb*
2. A house in the middle of nowhere

*Noteb*
3. Other option

*Noteb*
4. Other option

*Noteb*
5. Other option

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Chefjdr (UN: chefjdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chefjdr has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2299482-Wishes/cid/AJNF5P9X2-Unusual-garage-sale