*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Helping mom
  2. Good Morning Sunshine!
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2264584-The-New-Shrinking-Girl/cid/3340450-Helping-mom
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #2264584
Heather has the power to control the size of things. How does she use her talent?
This choice: Go help her mom in the kitchen  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Helping mom

    by: shadow
Heather decided that with her sister sleeping and Delilah entering the terrible twos, her mother could probably use some help. Heather walked into the kitchen, “Good morning, mom,” she greeted.

“Good morning, Heather,” Miranda greeted back.

“Tiny!” Delilah ran to hug her sister.

“Hey, Delilah,” Heather smiled, “Did you sleep well?”

Delilah nodded, “I have dream, Tiny; my teddy was gigantic!” Delilah gasped, “Tiny, can you make Teddy giant like dream?”

Heather smiled, “No, silly,” she remarked, “Remember? My powers can only make things smaller, but I can’t make anything bigger than it was to start with.”

“Me want giant Teddy!” Delilah stamped her foot.

“Young lady,” Miranda scolded, “You don’t want to end up in time-out before breakfast, do you?”

“Sorry,” Delilah apologized.

“Good girl,” Miranda remarked, “Now, why don’t you go play while mommy makes breakfast?”

“Okay,” Delilah said as she wandered into the other room.

Miranda sighed, “What will we do with that girl?”

“We could sell her as a doll,” Heather joked, “A girl at the playground offered to trade her favorite Barbie for Delilah last time we went to the park.”

Miranda chuckled, “Is Rebecca up yet?”

“Nope,” Heather answered, “She’s sleeping in.”

“Well,” Miranda smiled, “She’s earned it.”

“Yeah,” Heather agreed, “Can I help you with anything?”

“I think I have the cooking covered,” Miranda explained, “But could you keep Delilah company? She’s getting into everything these days.”

“I know,” Heather agreed, “She keeps trying to sneak into my room to play with my dollhouse. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if one day I woke up in her hands.”

“You better hope not,” Miranda warned, “She gave one of her dolls a marker makeover yesterday. Anyway, can you please watch Delilah for a while?”

“Happy to,” Heather assured her mother, “Wait up, munchkin!”

“Heather!” Miranda called, causing her daughter to turn around, “Try not to use your powers; Delilah always gets clingy when you or Rebecca shrink.”

“You’re telling me?” Heather questioned, “don’t you remember what happened when we showed her that Halloween show?”

Miranda chuckled, “That’s right,” she recalled. “She outright refused to sleep alone that night.”

“And you,” Heather added, “Insisted that she sleep in her bed, so you talked Rebecca and me….”

“Who showed her the movie?” Miranda inquired.

Heather blushed and continued, “You talked Rebecca and me into shrinking to her size and spending the night together in her crib.”

“My God,” Miranda reminisced, “You three were so cute, all snuggled up together like three little bugs in a rug.”

“We understood having to borrow Delilah’s pajamas, but did you have to diaper us?”

“Well,” Miranda defended, “It made Delilah feel better, and you two couldn’t leave to use the bathroom.”

“I’ll be careful with Delilah,” Heather promised. “Munchkin!” Heather called, “Here I come! Fee Fi Foo Fume!”

“You better!” Miranda called, “Don’t count on me to bail you out!”

Heather walked into the living room, where she noticed Delilah’s tiny feet poking out from under a blanket on the couch. Heather smiled, “Gee, I wanted to hang out with Delilah, but I can’t find her.”

Heather heard Delilah giggle, thinking she was completely hidden. “I guess,” Heather said, “I’ll just sit on the couch until she shows up.” Heather sat on the couch next to her toddler sister. “Say,” Heather noted, “That blanket looks a little lumpy. I should fix it!” Heather took the blanket-covered tot and heard more giggling. “Hmmm,” Heater smiled, “That giggle sure sounds familiar.”

“Surprise!” Delilah declared as she revealed herself.

“Delilah?” Heather feigned surprise, “I had no idea you were there.”

“I a good hider,” Delilah said with pride.

“You sure are, munchkin,” Heather agreed. “So, Becky’s sleeping, and mom’s making breakfast, so how about we play for a little while?”

“Yeah!” Delilah smiled and started to bounce in excitement, “Get little, get little!”

“Ummm,” Heather searched for the right words, “I don’t think so, Delilah; hey, how about we go outside and play tag or hide and seek? I bet you’d win.”

Delilah stopped bouncing and crossed her arms, “No, get little!”

“Delilah…” Heather started.

“Get little!” The ordinarily sweet Delilah demanded, “Or I gonna scream!”

“Delilah,” Heather warned, “You know that’s no way to get what you want.”

“I gonna do it!” Delilah threatened, “I’m gonna scream!”

What should Heather do?

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 shadow (UN: cartoon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chaser984 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2264584-The-New-Shrinking-Girl/cid/3340450-Helping-mom