*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2230989-The-Four-Kingdoms/cid/2895763-The-King-on-his-Throne
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Interactive · Fantasy · #2230989
Obesity & Gluttony, Beauty & Brawn, Magic & Wonder, Casual Sex & Kinks. 4 Great Kingdoms!
This choice: King Chandler in his throne room, receiving audiences from his courtiers.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

The King on his Throne

    by: Shangas
"Who's next, Bradley?"

"Reginald and his son Roland, your Majesty".

"Ah! Yes...very well. Send them in!"

"Majesty".

Bradley waddled down the red and blue runner carpet, away from the gigantic, royal dais and beckoned to a sentry outside. He waved a wooden staff and two figures entered the throne room, both dressed in white. They waddled up the aisle and stopped at the bottom of the enormous, gleaming, ivory cream-coloured dais of polished stone. They knelt and bowed their heads.

"You are my last audience of the day", said the king, sweeping his blonde hair back from around his eyes. "Isn't that so, Brad?"

"Uh..." the king's manservant fumbled with a sheet of parchment in his hands, "Um...yes sir! Last one for the day, sir!"

"Excellent! So let's make this quick, shall we? What is it that you're here for?"

"Majesty! We come bearing our monthly samplers, your Majesty", said Reginald, a very fat man with light brown hair, wearing a white uniform and cap. It was here that the king noticed, the man was carrying elaborately carved wooden boxes in his hands.

"Ah! Excellent! I've been waiting for these! Put them down, Reggie! They must be heavy!"

"Each casket is four pounds of my finest, your Majesty".

The king laughed!

"My goodness! Well, your labours will certainly be rewarded by my appreciation! You may leave this here..."

The king tapped the uppermost casket with his walking-stick. "And take the second to the Queen...now young Roland..."

Roland waddled forwards. He was a stout, ten-year-old youth with a full, round belly. He weighed a solid 250 pounds and had darker brown hair, like his mother.

"You will take these two caskets..."

The king pointed to the last two wooden boxes.

"...to the Princes' Suite. I'm sure they'll be waiting over eagerly for them!"

"Yes, Majesty!" said the boy at once, his chubby face breaking out into smiles.

The king smirked, "I thought so! Go on, boy! But don't rush! Don't want you breaking anything!"

"No, Majesty! Yes, Majesty!"

Bradley chuckled as the boy bent over, picked up the two wooden boxes, bowed, and waddled out of the throne room.

"A fine boy you've got there, Reggie", he said. Reginald smiled.

"Yes! He's taking after his father, and he has excellent skills at the craft!"

"Absolutely", said the king. "You must be very proud! He is following a noble profession!".

Reginald blushed, "Indeed, Majesty".

The king chuckled. "Now!...Let's see what's inside here, shall we?"

Chandler opened the wooden casket and a rich, tantalizing smell wafted forth.

"Four pounds of your finest chocolates, eh, Reginald? Excellent...come along, Brad, help yourself..."
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Shangas (UN: fruffles at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Shangas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2230989-The-Four-Kingdoms/cid/2895763-The-King-on-his-Throne