*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Start from square one
  2. Shrunk By Mew
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2220982-Shrunk-In-The-Pokeworld/cid/2829827-Start-from-square-one
Rated: E · Interactive · Activity · #2220982
You get shrunk in the Pokeworld by Mew, and you have to go find it to get your height back
This choice: Slot 2  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Start from square one

    by: Unknown
It began to really dawn on you how insane this situation has become. Simple games of harmless fun have ended up with you no taller than a single blade of grass. Anyone could crush you without them ever knowing, the extent of your options was almost nonexistent and even if you were to be discovered, things could get even more sour if they were to see you as a bug.

You were convinced that Mew knew that you had to deal with all of these problems when she had shrunk you when you remembered her saying ”Come find me!”. She must have known how ridiculously impossible living like this was going to be when she made herself the only method to end it.

So why did she do this to you? Was this some kind of test? At least it would somewhat justify all of this if this was the “Prove your worth by reaching me” sort of thing. Otherwise, this was going to be the worst game of hide and seek you ever had the misfortune of playing.

The rotting feeling of despair then slowly began to build inside of you. There was simply no way you were able to find Mew. Finding her at normal size would be near to impossible on it’s own let alone as the size of an ant. An already massive world has become massive-er, and how would you even begin traversing it and finding her. She might already be out of the Sinnoh region and at the other side of the earth for all you know, so you might as well stay put and get used to living as a few inches tall. It’s the best option you have anyway....

.....no, that cannot be the case. Something just felt wrong with leaving things like that, never getting to explore and witness the wonders waiting out there to be discovered and seen. You couldn’t let that happen, you had to give it everything you got to make sure that doesn’t happen. Maybe this is what Mew is trying to test you for; your determination to go through thick and thin in order to reach your goal. Yeah, that’s got to be it!

.....hopefully.

Anyway, with this new found hope, you quickly began to look for a way to get out of the jungle of grass you were in since you couldn’t see well if someone was coming near you or not. You would then either miss your chance to get the attention of someone passing by or get crushed in a truly pathetic manner. Either way, you now know what you need to do: you’re going to find Mew!

Eventually you reached a rock extending even higher up than the grass. The surface was fortunately rough enough to allow you to climb it up and reach higher altitude. This would fix both issues of being completely unnoticeable inside the grass as well as your lack of vision, killing two bird with one stone.

Cheesy pun aside, after some scaling, you finally managed to get on top of the rock. Along with giving you a better perspective of the forest you were also able to make out the town you were near: Sandgem Town. Now you remembered that you came to this forest in the first place to look for more pokemon to add to your team after you got your starter from Professor Rowan. Funny isn’t it? After making your first step into your journey as a pokemon trainer, it was abruptly halted with a playful Mew shrinking you for whatever reason.

....oh wait, that’s it! You could use you pokemon to traverse through this dangerous world. Then you wouldn’t be as valuable as you are now, so all you need to do is....huh? Where’s your pokeball?

You panicked as you realized that your pokeball that contained your pokeman was no longer in your pocket, same with your Pokenav. You must have dropped inside the grass, though you weren’t sure whether it was before or after you were shrunk. Just fantastic either way.

So what now? You could either go back inside the grass to go looking for your stuff or first get some help from the townsfolk. You didn’t know how you were going to do it but it would definitely improve your odds if you managed to. Then again, anything could happen while you were in this state, so maybe it was best to go prepared.

As you were pondering with this dilemma for what your first play was going to be, you...
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
Lover Of All Giantesses has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2220982-Shrunk-In-The-Pokeworld/cid/2829827-Start-from-square-one