*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. A conference hall at a big company
  2. Let's start here
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2210303-The-Gain-A-Life-Program/cid/W9P7QC75F-A-conference-hall-at-a-big-company
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #2210303
Why be an underachieving guy when you can be a GAL?
This choice: A conference hall at a big company  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

A conference hall at a big company

    by: Mr. George
Lucy walked back and forth along the stage as she spoke. The company was in dire straits, and needed to release a few (quite a few) employees from their contracts. The market had been in a downturn, and the company was likely to follow... in some peoples' minds.

"You can think of this as an opportunity, to invest in your future." she spoke confidently, not denigrating the company's future. But simultaneously, gently allowing her audience to see this as a chance for a relaunch.

"If you sign up today, you'll have support in your new life for twice the transition period. You can embrace this new life. Restart a new adventure, and explore the world from a different perspective."

Lucy knew she was address the majority male audience. That was one of the stumbling blocks of Fibretech, it had failed to find a new audience, and had shrunk, as the remaining market contracting fighting for smaller and smaller scraps of a diminishing market.

"With the Gain-A-Life program, we'll help you adjust, establish a new life if you wish that, or transition from your old one, if you want to keep your contact with the familiar former life."

She gave a deep bow, as she finished, her speech. She hadn't expected rapturous applause, especially with this situation. But, there was a murmurring buzz. There would certainly be some who'd embrace this opportunity. She also knew there's be some who needed to, who's financial situation was so perilous that even a brief gap in income would be a problem.

She thanked them for listening, the board for the opportunity. Walking past the smiling faces of those who were demurely seated behind her. Each beaming, and clearly happy with their participation with the program.

Stepping down from the stage, the audience milled about, she'd been the last to speak. She headed to the booth, to sign up the interested, the curious, and those already convinced by her arguments.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Mr. George (UN: rjh-kk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mary Michelson has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2210303-The-Gain-A-Life-Program/cid/W9P7QC75F-A-conference-hall-at-a-big-company