*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Descend Downstairs
  2. Here Comes Mom
  3. Get Down The Stairs
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2204803-Shrunken-At-Your-House/cid/2744368-Descend-Downstairs
by Brute
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Adult · #2204803
What happens when you shrink inside your own home?
This choice: Descend downstairs and figure something else out  •  Go Back...
Chapter #5

Descend Downstairs

    by: Brute
You catch your breath and start back down again. You stay to the side this time just incase someone else comes up or down the stairs again. You dangle yourself over the side then drop and repeat. It goes on for…who knows how long. Your arms feel like rubber, good thing you had been fit but this was ridicules, like rock-climbing or something.

You look around and see that you are close to the bottom, two steps left. There are distant noises from beyond the banister. You can’t see over it and from this low to the ground you can only get a view of the front door and the foyer closet that was open and looked dark like a mysterious cave. Not going in there. (why would I?)

You start down again. One, then two. You drop down finally on the ground floor. You start looking around for your next chance for help. Now that you are down here you hear more noise from the dining room. But if that is Shannon you don’t want to go, you think to yourself, where is Kelly? Oh yah, up stairs. You move away from the base of the steps to try and look into the dining room to make sure it wasn’t your sister in there. Not that you didn’t love her…just you don’t trust her to help you. You have been face to face with your own mortality way too much in the last few hours.

“I’LL BE LEAVING NOW. SEE YOU AT DINNER TONIGHT, DON’T FORGET THE…”

You turn around and see The Titan that is Aunt Tara descending the stairs at a flashing rate. Her long massive legs stretch out and the points of her stiletto heels are jagged and pointed out like daggers. You try to look up to see where her face is but her face is turns and her shoulder and blouse block the rest. No way she is going to see you. There isn’t much time but you stop looking and turn to run for cover. But where? You wondered out into the open of the foyer when trying to see who was in the dining room.

You run in any direction heart pounding, visions of being mashed into the carpet…WUSH! Something slams into you sending you flying across the floor. What the…is all you think about before you hit something…
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Kim opens the front door to her boyfriend’s house. It is normally unlocked this time of day. She is wearing her summer cloths, an orange pleated skirt hugging her thighs, white sneakers, and a spaghetti strap pink top that clings to her chest. Her hair is falling over her shoulders and frames her round cheeks and bright blue eyes.

“Hello, Scot?”

“Excuse me.” A tall woman in a woman’s skirt and business jacket comes down the stairs. Her face is drawn tight in a permanent don’t mess with me look and Kim feels a bit intimidated as the woman reaches the bottom and towers over her. Kim looks down and sees the strong caves and the severe heels that would kill anyone’s feet. Kim looks back up smiling nervously, “Hi, I’m Kim, Scott’s girlfriend. Have you…”

“Seen him,” the woman finishes for her. She stops reaching into her purse to pull out a cell phone. “No I’m afraid not, I’m Cathy’s…”

“Older sister, Tara, right…I saw your picture…” Kim stops when Aunt Tara looks at her disapproving of being interrupted.

Tara checks something on her handi then pockets it in her jacket. “Excuse me,” she says shutting the door and then moving around Kim to the open closet for her coat.

“Isn’t it a bit warm for a coat?” Kim asked stepping out of the way.

Tara turns to look at the young woman pulling out a woman’s overcoat. “Young lady, when you want to be taken seriously in a male dominated work place you show you can sweat it out more than they can…and don’t show them your mid-drift.”

Kim looks down at her flat stomach embarrassed.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You look around and realize you are upside down. It is dark. You roll over and fall on your butt. What the hell happened? You are in some place dark but you feel large objects all around you…

You look up and see a giant but the shadows obscure any identification. Something moves above you and you hear rustling as if a large curtain was falling then all light is obscured.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Tara closes the closet then reaches for the front door. “CATHY, Remember…” she calls up the stairs and then leaves giving Kim one more look of disapproval. She liked her nephew but he was at that age where his taste in woman had something to be desired…
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Kim crosses her arms a little embarrassed and hurt at that experience with Scott’s aunt. “Oh, Kim,” Scott’s mom was at the top of the stairs. “Have you seen Scott, Honey?”

“No I just got here…”
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Brute (UN: brutetal at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Brute has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2204803-Shrunken-At-Your-House/cid/2744368-Descend-Downstairs