*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2174080-The-Transforming-Experiment/cid/FLVXT2BML-Katya-LeGuin
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Sci-fi · #2174080
One day, you answer a mysterious newspaper ad and end up as part of an experiment!
This choice: Katya LeGuin  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Katya LeGuin

    by: Wolfer
Although you really didn’t want to be any of these women, it seemed that you really didn’t have much of choice if you wanted to get out of this pod. As you looked over all the women and tried to consider their pros and cons, you eventually settled on Katya. She seemed like a far better choice than being pregnant or becoming a married woman with 3 kids. You’d still be a girl but at least you’d look plain and blend in better than the attractive Korean woman who probably had to beat horny guys away with a stick.

Once you pointed over towards Katya, Dr. Strauss wasted no time in shooing the other women out of the room and giddily prancing back over to the console. While excitedly rubbing her hands together, the doctor said something to Katya that you couldn't quite hear from inside the pod. However, judging from what you saw, it didn’t look like Katya heard it her either as she was too engrossed with rubbing one of her hands over the outside of your pod while peering through the window at you like you were some kind of novelty toy that she couldn’t wait to get her hands on.

Dr. Strauss said something to her again as Katya’s bright blue eyes continued to study you. Since it didn’t seem like she had heard whatever the doctor had said for the second time, Dr. Strauss finally yelled at her and got Katya’s attention. When she turned her head over towards the doctor to see what she wanted, you saw that her hearing aid was actually one of those implants which attached behind the user’s ear.

"Oh crap… I forgot that she was deaf." you thought as you watched Katya step away from your pod until she was completely out of your sight.

While she presumably climbed into the other pod that was next to yours, you began to question if you made the right choice in choosing her over the other women now that you’ve seen her hearing implants up this close. Even though you didn’t have a choice in becoming a woman, you did end up choosing to become deaf; which seemed like a pretty big deal as you thought about it more. Especially since you had no idea how you were going to handle it. Your only hope now was that this twisted experiment wouldn’t last very long –another key detail that you failed to ask about.

It felt like an eternity as you nervously sat inside your pod while watching Dr. Strauss fiddle with various knobs and switches on her console. You even began to sweat as you remembered why you were even in here… it was because you stupidly volunteered to be a literal human guinea pig! With all the things that could go terribly wrong, the prospect of having your mind swapped into Katya’s body seemed like the least of your worries now. After all, what good would your new money be if you weren’t around to spend it?

"Now comes the moment of truth…” Dr. Strauss monologued as if she were some kind of evil villain. "History is going to look back upon this moment and remember my name!"

Once she was finished, Dr. Strauss finally activated something on the console that caused your pod to begin humming. At first it was quite subtle but within a few moments, it became so loud that it felt disorienting. You had no idea of how long it lasted; it could have been seconds or even days. There wasn’t any way for you to estimate how long this went on for as your consciousness was being ripped out of your head. Last thing you remembered was everything becoming so bright that you couldn’t see, hear or feel anything…

You have the following choices:

1. The swap is a success

*Noteb*
2. Something goes wrong

*Noteb*
3. Someone interrupts 'history'

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Wolfer (UN: wolfer084 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LegacyPilgrim has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2174080-The-Transforming-Experiment/cid/FLVXT2BML-Katya-LeGuin