*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The First Swap
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2160604-Life-Swap/cid/2505221-The-First-Swap
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Fatty
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #2160604
A young man finds himself with the power to swap lives with other people!
Chapter #1

The First Swap

    by: Fatty
You were sitting at your desk, writing an essay you had procrastinated until today. Not only were you un-energized, the essay had really tired you out, but you were really bored with life in general. Already a year into college, and you still had no girlfriend, a small amount of friends, and weren't doing too hot on your classes. Life was pretty hard, and you just needed a break from it all.

Your phone began buzzing for the sixth time today. The first two times it had been your mother Sarah that had been calling you, a mother of two who had to do a lot around the house. She had been attractive in her early days, her dark hair and green eyes making her quite the looker, but she had grown tired after raising you and your sister. Sometimes, you wished you could help her a bit, just so you could see how hard she had it, and so she could see how safe you were here at school.

The third time it had been your 17 year old sister, Sophie. Though she was bubbly and popular at her school, she wasn't exactly the most intelligent person ever, so you helped her out sometimes on her homework. She complained a lot about life, but you knew it was pretty easy. Today she was asking you for help on her math homework, a task that would be much easier done if you were simply there. You'd be there anyways, so what was the use of just explaining it all over the phone.

The fourth call was from your next door neighbor, Emily. A cute blondie, she'd been asking for your help moving all morning, since she couldn't really move her stuff since she had an interview going on when the delivery men came. Problem was, she had to be there in person, and was going to have to reschedule the movers, and therefore reschedule the whole trip she was planning next quarter because of it.

The last call was from your math professor, Ms. Moreno. A recent graduate from your college, she was short, plump, and very energetic. She was calling about your essay, about why you hadn't yet turned it in, and was telling you that she had begun grading the essays, and needed yours now. You simply looked at your blank page. If only you could just skip this whole assignment.

That's when the meteor hit. Loud, and violent, the sound was loud enough for you to hear over your noise-cancelling headphones. You went outside to check what was up, and were surprised that no one else heard it. At the center of a small grassy park close to your dormitory, you found a large, violet crystal. It glowed as you touched it, as if it enjoyed your hand, and suddenly, you felt a new power course through you. Memories of past users flashed between your eyes, and you realized the power of this stone. With it, you could alter reality and swap identities with others. Now, all you needed to do was choose whom to use it on first.

Then, you looked at your phone. You hadn't seen who had actually called you that last time, and you decided that that person would be who you swapped with. The person was ____________________.

You have the following choices:

1. Your Mother, Sarah

*Noteb*
2. Your Sister, Sophie

*Noteb*
3. Your next door neighbor, Emily

*Noteb*
4. Your Professor, Ms. Moreno

*Noteb*
5. Reader's Choice

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Fatty (UN: fatsate at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fatty has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2160604-Life-Swap/cid/2505221-The-First-Swap