*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2118808-The-Coven/cid/2307525-Joe-insists-on-rejecting-both-science-and-magic
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #2118808
A sequel to The Mad Scientist
This choice: Joe insists on rejecting both science and magic  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Joe insists on rejecting both science and magic

    by: Scifiwizard Retired
You sighed, seeing his pale expression. "Joe, I need to talk to you..."

"I know what you want to say and I want no part of it." Serious, Joe said. He turned to dad. "Nor do I want any part of this mad or chaotic science."

Dad sighed. "Joe..."

"I am an athlete!" Irritated, Joe snapped. "I am already getting offers from several colleges who can easily launch my career into the Olympics! This is the path I chose, its what I want!"

With that, he ran off and leaped into a tree before leaping off a branch over the stone wall that surrounded the property. You shook your head, frustrated and turned to dad. "Exactly what did you tell him, dad?" Annoyed, you demanded. "He looked like he was about to be sick and then he ran away from both of us."

Dad grunted. "I told him the truth, young lady." Scolding, he said. "He is my male offspring and my only chance to pass on what I have learned in life." He then smiled. "I could, of course, change you into a boy and take you under my wing instead. Would that not be exciting?"

"You wouldn't dare..." Horrified, you gasped.

Dad chuckled, making you nervous. "No, I would not wish to see your mother furious twice." Ruefully, he said. "However, when you become a mother, you will understand and see that I was in the right regarding your little brother."

Without another word, he vanished from sight, his mad chuckling leaving with him. You shivered at the thought of him changing you then turned to see mom standing at the door. "You would wonder how I put up with him." Bemused, she said. "Your father can be quite the charmer, when he wants to be. That and a great protector."

"What are we going to do mom?" Worried, you asked. "Joe insisted to deny both magic and mad science as they were not his chosen path."

"Neither are anyone's chosen path, Gina." Softly, mom replied. "It is merely a choice to either be active or inactive with the powers you are born with." She sighed. "I will have a word with your father later today and we will determine our next move."

"What do you mean?" Curious, you asked.

"It's nothing you need to be concerned about, sweetie." Lightly, mom said. "We will tell you if you need to know."

You went to bed that night, worried about Joe. He was basically caught in the middle of a tug of war between mom and dad which could result in him running away or worse... "I hope mom and dad don't push him into becoming an Ironclad." Wincing, you whispered.

An Ironclad was a witch boy whose magical power had taken root but was not strong enough to shatter the forces keeping him male. This resulted in the witch boy becoming almost insanely strong and endurant. It also gave the witch boy the ability to change his physical strength into energy and fire powerful invisible blasts as both a defense and offense. Ironclads were both feared and respected by most witches as they had formed a small government of their own to help defend the witching world in the face of the new power known as mad science.

The following morning, you woke up to find....

You have the following choices:

1. you were in a strange place with Joe.

*Noteb*
2. dad in your room.

*Noteb*
3. your choice.

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Scifiwizard Retired (UN: scilock at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scifiwizard Retired has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2118808-The-Coven/cid/2307525-Joe-insists-on-rejecting-both-science-and-magic