*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. And so it begins
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2113167-The-sticker-book/cid/2282194-And-so-it-begins
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: XGC · Interactive · Paranormal · #2113167
The story of a young man and the mysterious, magical book of stickers that he discovers.
Chapter #1

And so it begins

    by: Lunaryon
"Aaallllleeeeeeexxxx!" You hear a voice call, as you slowly slump upwards into a sitting position. It was a saturday morning, what could your mother want at this time of morning?

With a half-hearted grumble you slowly stumble out of bed, shuffling over to the door. Cracking it open, you stick your head out into the hallway. "What?" You growl out, one eye rubbing at the crust that had gathered about your eyes.

"Think fast brat! You've got mail!" You hear your mother shout out...

It takes a moment for your mind to start to register the words that she said...

And a moment more for the meaning to parse in your head. Unfortunately, that was two seconds of thinking too long.

THWACK


You rock back, nearly falling back as something large and square slams into your face at a rather respectable speed.

...Owww...

You quickly pull the square thing off of your face before it has time to fall to the ground. Hopefully whatever this is isn't breakable. It wouldn't be the first time that your mother has accidentally broken something because she has far too much energy.

Heading back into your room, you sit down on your bed and look at the square. Oh. It's a box. That makes a lot of sense. It's mail. And mail tends to either come in boxes or in letters.

Right... Your brain is obviously not ready for whatever this is. Time to go and take a shower before opening the box...

After a long, and relaxing shower you return to your room. It takes almost no time at all to remove the brown paper wrapping the box, and get it open...

Inside, you find something... very odd.

It's a book. A book of sticker paper.

But that if by far not the most interesting part. No, the most interesting part if the first page, which is filled with absolute nonsense.

It talks about how the book is magical and these are magic stickers.

Which is ridiculous. There is no such thing as magic...

But at the same time... It's not like there is going to be any kind of results from trying... right? So it's completely fine to play along while in your room, where no one else will see. Because you most certainly don't think that a strange mysterious book that arrived in the mail for you with no name or return address or anything on it would be strange or mysterious or possibly actually real.

That would just be silly.

Wouldn't it?
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Lunaryon (UN: lunaryon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lunaryon has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2113167-The-sticker-book/cid/2282194-And-so-it-begins