*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2076815-Acquiring-Powers-5/cid/2156164-More-about-the-mysterious-book
Rated: XGC · Interactive · Adult · #2076815
A fifth swapping adventure with the employees of Wilko and their friends.
This choice: Someone walks into the book store.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #5

More about the mysterious book

    by: Unknown
The book sat on the shelf in W.H. Smiths, waiting patiently for someone to curiously pull it off the shelf and be enthralled by it's mystery. The whispering from the book continued as the woman at the desk remained blissfully oblivious to what was going on.

Unbeknownst to her, the book was once the prized possession of an ancient witch whose powers were enough to alter reality in whatever ways she saw fit. Unfortunately for the witch, even a being of her power could not escape bodily death. When her body died of old age, she transferred her spirit into the pages of her spell book.

The next person to open her book would release her spirit from the pages and gain all of the remarkable powers that the book had to offer. It was only a matter of tie until the witch was free to once again alter the world to her standards. Of course, this required a body worthy of her mental presence. The witch had been trapped in the book long enough that her powers significantly drained. While her essence would be able to enter the body of the person who freed her, she would be unable to fully take over that body. Rather, she would have to bide her time, altering the person's mind in small ways to push their actions into what the witch wanted. Only with more casting of magic, would the energy return to the witch and eventually allow her to fully take over the body that she becomes a passenger in.

Luckily for the witch, there were several stores in this area and the employees at them sometimes got quite bored and would come into W.H. Smiths to flip through a few books in their spare time. Today, the door to the book store opened and in walked...

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Michael.

*Noteb*
2. Someone else.

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
Saracen1187 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2076815-Acquiring-Powers-5/cid/2156164-More-about-the-mysterious-book