*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1972409-Sethryans-Journey-of-Transformations/cid/1782620-The-Gift
by tyrak
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Adult · #1972409
In a time of magic and barbarians, a would-be warrior finds himself in unsettling changes
This choice: Takes It To Aristra  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

The Gift

    by: Unknown
Sethryan tucked the necklace beneath his shirt and hurried out of the temple. He couldn't wait to give Aristra the gift, he had had a crush on her for as long as he could remember, and she was the only one in the village who ever defended him. During the day, she liked to spend her time training in the woods, wielding her sword with such amazing skill that it was like an extension of her body. Sethryan found her in the usual spot.

Dressed only in a chainmail bikini which showed off every inch of her toned body, Aristra was practicing her swordplay, striking at the air, thrusting and parrying with flawless efficiency, her long golden hair glimmering in the sun. She smiled as she noticed the skinny boy approach and walked towards him. "Come to spar with me?" She asked.

"Uh...not exactly," Sethryan blushed. He had sparred with her once, and been left with bruises and scrapes that had left him barely able to move. He wasn't the finest swordsman in the village, and Aristra was probably the best. "I got you something." He reached beneath his shirt and brought out the necklace, the large pink gem glistening in the light as he handed it to her.

"By the Gods..." Aristra gasped as she held the necklace up to the light. "Where did you find this?"

"I uh...found it on a quest," Sethryan lied, not wanting to tell her about the temple.

"A quest?" Aristra seemed surprised.

"Y-yes..." Sethryan said, trying to sound as confident as he could. "I killed a Goblin and took it from him."

Aristra looked impressed. "Ha! And they said you weren't a warrior, wait until they see this!" She was twice Sethryan's height, and she bent down to kiss him on the cheek. "Thankyou."

Sethryan blushed. He wished he hadn't lied, but she might not have accepted the gift if he had told her the truth, and maybe this would finally get him some respect. Goblins weren't exactly the finest warriors in the land, but they were widely hated by his people, and slaying one in combat would at least earn him a few pats on the back.

Aristra placed the necklace around her neck and stroke the pink gem in it's centre, smiling. "I will wear this with honour," she said.
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
tyrak has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1972409-Sethryans-Journey-of-Transformations/cid/1782620-The-Gift