*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1897904-The-dictaphone/cid/3336158-Stay-home-to-use-it-more
by Wokod
Rated: GC · Interactive · Erotica · #1897904
High school students find a dictaphone able to change reality
This choice: Stay home to use it more  •  Go Back...
Chapter #22

Stay home to use it more

    by: GTSlover23
Lincoln took a moment to try and collect his thoughts, having realized what this Dictaphone does in fact grant wishes. Or perhaps it seems to change reality? Okay, maybe he needed more than just a moment, this was too much for his child brain to comprehend.

He looked at the device once more, still trying to come to grips with what this small thing can do. Perhaps it was just a flook? He has to make sure that it’s the real deal that he isn’t losing his mind. A couple simple tests should clear this up.

He looked around, wondering what he could test it on. It has to be something obvious. Something that would be a big sign that indicates that it is real. He tilted his head up a bit and found his answer. The Sky is pretty big, isn't it?

Lincoln pressed the record button, ready for whatever may come.

“The sky is green.” He let go of the button and heard that chime once more. It didn’t take long for him to get his answer. The hue of the sky shifted from its morning blue color to an almost unnatural green color.

“The sky is red.” He recorded once more. And just like before, the sky did as commanded and changed color.

“The sky is rainbow!” And once more, the sky did as he had said. From Blue, to Green, to Red, the sky now shimmers in a beautiful rainbow.

If Lincoln needed any more proof that this was absolutely real, then looking around the neighborhood provided him with more. Nobody seemed to have reacted in any way to the sky changing color. It seems to them it was always like this. Meaning, the Dictaphone changes reality so that it was always like this. Thinking back, Lincoln seems to have multiple sets of memories now. Some, where the sky is blue. Some, where the sky is rainbow, red, or green.

Lincoln had become lost in his thoughts as he began imagining all possibilities. So much so, that he had not noticed his family run passed him and piled into the Vanzilla. He was snapped out of it when he heard the horn honking.

“Come on, Lincoln! We’re gonna be late for school!” He heard the impatient call of his younger sister, Lola, calling out to him.

School? Why would he have to go to school now when he can do whatever he wants! And right now, he wants to stay home and have some fun!

“I don’t have school today, I was given special leave.” He recorded into the Dictaphone. He heard the now familiar chime, and knew it was done.

“Oh yeah, that’s right. You got special permission to stay home today.” His rockstar sister Luna exclaimed, new memories in place.

“Then why did he get ready?” His younger sister, Lana, asked.

Hm. It seems people can still hear me when I record into the Dictaphone. I’ll have to fix that.’ He thought to himself.

The van reversed out of the driveway before flying down the street and out of sight.

Lincoln smiled widely as he watched them leave, giving him some alone time. He made his way back in the house, his smile never leaving his face. He lifted the Dictaphone in front of his face, his eyes transfixed to it.

“Now, what to do first?”

You have the following choices:

1. Make some changes

2. Reader's Choice

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 GTSlover23 (UN: gtslover23 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wokod has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1897904-The-dictaphone/cid/3336158-Stay-home-to-use-it-more