*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1891761-The-Reptilian-Chronicles/cid/2580362-Maria-Viner---Teacher-with-Cancer
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1891761
Humanity has an interesting relationship with another race. 4,780+ Views
This choice: Maria Viner  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Maria Viner - Teacher with Cancer

    by: BIG BAD WOLF is Howling
The timepiece made its constant clicking noise, marking the passage of time, as it slowly dragged by. The class was waiting, obviously excited, yet trying to hold it in. After all, it was the last day of school for the year, and within a few ticks, the bell would ring, letting the students out for a few months, before most went off to higher learning, or got a job in the workforce, while a few others would end up in someone's stomach.

Maria Viner had a smile on her face, or rather, a sad one. It was her last day as well, the cancer being too much for her. She had made the decision to retire, which was rather painful for her, but at least she was there to see her last class make it through the day. Soon, the bell rang, the students got up, and started to leave the room. However, unlike the other days, where they normally rushed out, this time, they each walked up to her, and thanked her, telling her how much they'd miss her.

"I hope to see you again, Miss Viner," said Zurman, a rather tall Reptilian, as he left.

Maria smiled. It had been rather touching, to see all of them thank her for helping them become the fine humans and Reptilians they'd grown into. She sat down, with a sigh. Maybe retirement would have been nice, if she was in her sixties, and was healthy. However, she was sick, and had counted herself lucky to have made it through the school year without passing away in front of her class. But now, it was unlikely that she'd make it to the beginning of the next year. She looked at the desks - almost fifteen years worth of students had graduated from her class - she'd seen many of her students's siblings come through, plenty of cousins, and a few uncles and aunts to others who'd come after them, although there were a few odd situations where couples had ended up having a late child the same time their eldest had had children of their own, which had made things slightly tricky the one year she'd thought both an uncle and a niece in the same class, with the niece being a few months older. Still, she was proud to have been there for all of them.

At the moment, she felt tired. A little nap before her friend came by wouldn't hurt. She placed her arms on her desk, folded them up, laid her head on them, closed her eyes, and soon fell asleep, without a care in the world.
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 BIG BAD WOLF is Howling (UN: alockwood1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BIG BAD WOLF is Howling has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1891761-The-Reptilian-Chronicles/cid/2580362-Maria-Viner---Teacher-with-Cancer