*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1886863-The-Ultimate-Transplant/cid/1411469-Timothy-Connors-a-white-middle-class-high-sch
Rated: GC · Interactive · Drama · #1886863
Experimental brain transplant surgery saves the life of someone very close.
This choice: Timothy Connors, a white, middle-class high school senior.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Timothy Connors, a white, middle-class high sch...

    by: fantaghiro
You slowly come to consciousness to the sound of low voices arguing. You feel very groggy and have trouble even opening your eyes, so you just lay still for a while, trying to get your bearings while listening to the voices.

It takes a few minutes for you to figure anything out. You remember riding in the van with your family and some friends - coming back from a football game. Something happened.... there was a sudden jolt, a loud noise, and then everything went black. Someone must have crashed into you!

You try to lift yourself up but can't seem to muster the energy. "I guess I've been drugged...must be in a hospital..." you think to yourself.

You relax again, thinking to give your body some more time to recover, when you suddenly realize the voices are talking about the accident.

"...it was too good an opportunity to pass up..." one voice says defensively.

"You know that you couldn't have got approval!" another one says sounding angry. "Not only did you risk getting the hospital sued or dis-certified, you took a chance with patients' lives!"

"They were both clinically dead!" the first voice says, becoming more strident. "At least this way I saved one of them!"

The second voice sighs in disgust. "Yes, but for what? Your own ego? If this comes out, none of them - the patient or donor's families - will never get a moments peace from the press. And at the very least both of us will lose our jobs."

The voices lower for a moment and you can't quite make out the conversation. Then they rise again.

"You better believe you owe me! I had to really spin this to get the families to agree to keep quiet. And offer quite a bit of money - that's all coming from your research budget! And I still have to explain everything to this kid and convince him not to say anything."

You continue to listen for a few more minutes, then gasp when you realize what they're talking about. Although it sounds like no one else was seriously hurt in the accident, apparently the one doctor did some kind of brain transplant to save the life of....

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 fantaghiro (UN: fantaghiro at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
fantaghiro has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1886863-The-Ultimate-Transplant/cid/1411469-Timothy-Connors-a-white-middle-class-high-sch