*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1886863-The-Ultimate-Transplant/cid/1448175-your-43-year-old-dad-Paul
Rated: GC · Interactive · Drama · #1886863
Experimental brain transplant surgery saves the life of someone very close.
This choice: your 43-year old dad, Paul.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

your 43-year old dad, Paul.

    by: JackHalf
Doing your best to force your way through the haze of your still swimming senses, you manage to push yourself up to a seated position. "Dad...dad...what...what's happened to Dad..." you manage to mutter in a slurred, barely comprehensible way as you do your best to get your bearings.

Two forms rush over to either side of your hospital bed and lend their strength to steadying you. "Whoah there son. You shouldn't be moving too quickly. You were in a pretty jarring accident, you don't want to push yourself too hard." one of the men you had heard discussing your Father said.

The other chimed in before you could manage to respond. "Yeah...Tim. We're still not totally sure you don't have a concussion or lingering after-effects from the accident."

You're vision clears as you look back and forth between the two middle-aged men, apparently Doctors beside you. "I...I heard you mention my Father...Paul. I heard you mention his name. Is he okay?!?!?" you asked with more then a little trepidation as your fear and worry began to nearly overwhelm you.

The Doctors looked at each other with noticeable discomfort as they gently pushed you into a more rested position on the bed. "You'd better sit back son. Your Father is still alive, but, do to the incredibly extensive injuries he suffered in the automobile accident we were only able to save him with an incredibly radical, experimental procedure."

You could barely contain your worry as your heart raced. "Is he okay?!?!? He's alive...how bad was he hurt?!?!?" you scrambled up to an upright seated position as you looked back and forth between the too very serious looking Doctors.

The other Doctor put his hand on your shoulder. "The driver's side of the van took the brunt of the impact Tim. You're Father's body was shattered. Nearly every bone was pulverized and there was extensive organ damage. If we had tried to treat his injuries in a conventional manner, he would have died with a 100% certainty."

The other Doctor continued the explanation. "Another person was also injured in the multi-car accident your party was involved in Tim. This other victim had a much less-extensive, but none-the-less life-threatening injury. Apparently, the jarring motion of the accident triggered a sudden, catastrophic brain aneurism in this person, rendering them brain-dead almost instantaneously."

The other Doctor then spoke up, a noticeable strain of excitement in his voice. "Rather than let your Father and this other person both perish, we chose to use an amazing new procedure to save at least one of their lives. The other person was an organ donor, and, instead of letting your Father simply die with his totally unrecoverable body, we transplanted the bulk of his brain into the other accident victim's cranium! You're Father is alive, thanks to the donation of this other party's body!"

You're eyes were wide with shock as you grew pale. You couldn't believe what you were hearing. There was a stoney, palpable silence as you considered every facet of what you were being told. Finally, with a quivering voice you managed to ask "Are you telling me that you you put my Dad's brain in someone else's body?!?!? My Dad is someone else now?!?!?"

One of the Doctor's put his hand on your shoulder again in an attempt to calm and comfort you. "No! He's not someone else! Your Father is and will remember all that he knew before! We've just transplanted him into the body of someone else."

You closed your eyes and shook your head. It was as if you were living some terrible nightmare. "Who's body did you put my Dad's brain in?!?!?"

You would soon discover that your Dad's brain, mind, and soul now resided in the body of...

You have the following choices:

1. A Professional Football Cheerleader!

2. A girl that you know.

3. A Football Player's Model Girlfriend!

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 JackHalf (UN: jackhalf at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
fantaghiro has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1886863-The-Ultimate-Transplant/cid/1448175-your-43-year-old-dad-Paul