*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1871600-Paths-of-Feminine-Adventure/cid/1609633-Sit-at-a-lone-table-and-try-out-Enchanter
Rated: XGC · Interactive · Adult · #1871600
A collection of story ideas. In each one, a guy ends up having to dress like a girl.
This choice: Sit at a lone table and try out Enchanter.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

Sit at a lone table and try out Enchanter.

    by: Goose
Dejected and depressed, Alex takes a seat at a table and simply slouches into his chair. After a moment of wandering thought he glances at the tabletop to see a deck of black cards. "Enchanter", they read on the deck box; this is the same game the man from before was playing.

Alex looks around to see if the heavy set fellow is still here, but he can't seem to locate him. Curious about the game, he takes the deck into his hand and looks it over... the man DID invite him to try it, after all. Opening up the deck reveals a myriad of different cards with descriptions and finely drawn images on each one. Most of the cards have some sort of fantasy character on them and some text describing what the card does. After further investigation, he finds that each character card has a task that they are suited for, and the players use their three-card hand to find the best solution to the task they are given, either by the game or by a game master. The characters do not typically use combat prowess to solve problems like other games, but are expected to role play and talk their way through most problems. He figures that is where the "Enchanter" name comes from. Whoever manages to complete the most tasks successfully wins the game.

Finding the design intriguing but possibly too free-form, he decides to give it a try and draws three cards for him to use in a mock game. Without a game master to officiate, he draws a scenario card; this card shows the players what it is that they need to do with their character cards.

Flipping the card over, it reads "Experience: Grow your character's talents to new heights". This inadvertently upsets Alex... having just been denied a job for lack of experience, he is hardly in the mood to hear about the virtues of it. Regardless, he takes a look at his hand and reads over his cards.

First is the Barmaid card, with an image of a busty brunette holding several glasses of ale. The Barmaid is skilled at cooling tempers in tense situations, and auto-succeeds any Flirtation checks.

Secondly is the Songstress card, with an image of a lithe Elven girl with long blonde hair. Playing her magic harp invigorates her allies, making her an unlikely but invaluable ally on any adventure.

Lastly is the Harlot card, with the image of a curvaceous redhead woman. The Harlot is a master of seduction, and uses her guile and charm to gather information, get close to a target, or just have a good time.

"...hurm.", Alex mumbles to himself. It is like this game is mocking him, expecting him to gather experience for a bunch of female characters, when he was just turned down a chance to get experience himself partially because he was the wrong gender. As if in defiance, Alex decides to try out a test run, as if to say to whoever watching that he can gain experience as well as anyone. Reaching into his hand, Alex decides to play...

You have the following choices:

1. The Barmaid Card

*Noteb*
2. The Songstress Card

*Noteb*
3. The Harlot Card

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Goose (UN: wildgoosey at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dayeandknight has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1871600-Paths-of-Feminine-Adventure/cid/1609633-Sit-at-a-lone-table-and-try-out-Enchanter