*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The Weres
  2. A Day in the Life of Aruna
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1594976-To-Save-a-Dying-World/cid/754926-The-Weres
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1594976
The far future. The sun has grown dim. The world is dying. Is there hope?
This choice: Other (you decide).  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

The Weres

    by: Unknown
Sometimes she wondered about her parents,who they were and why they had abandonned her when she was but a tiny babe but she had Gwen,whom had raised her alongside of her own brood of four offspring..quads born when no one had thought it was possible for a multiple birth at this late date in her life.

Tanisha,Tan to her adopted siblings,smiled slightly as she stepped outside the door and glanced up at the silvery shadows rimming the sky..the darkness didn't bother her..after all,no one messed with her family due to the fact that they weren't..well,normal.

Already she could see Kismet racing toward her in the dimness,Falkyr and Sterling at her heels, and Phoenix taking up the flank as usual and her smile grew as she watched the foursome run,their thick coats of fur rippling over honed muscle and their bushy tails waving like banners in a breeze.

Kneeling down on the hard packed dirt Tan met Kismets lunge with a laugh,cradling the large wolf in an embrace that would have scared anyone not used to the low pitched playful growls emerging from the beasts throat as she ruffled her toffee colored ruff.

"One of these days mommas going to kill you four for Changing in the daytime..You know she says it's not safe!"She scolded as they pranced around her,bumping her each time she tried to get to her feet so that she stayed on her rump in the dirt."Hey now,What gives?"

Sterlings amber gaze slid toward the city and he raised his pointed muzzle in a jerking motion,making her follow his gaze to see a figure striding toward them and she froze,hunching lower to hide herself in their bulk.

No one ventured this far from the city any more,not even in the daytime and right now she welcomed her were familys protection,for the man..and she somehow knew that it was a man..was rather large..tall as well as muscular..toned without being overly musclebound.

Tans heart rate sped up when she heard Phoenix growl low in his throat and Falkyr tensed up as he stationed himself in front of her.

Who WAS this person and why were they acting like they wanted to rip out his throat?
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
K T Ong has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1594976-To-Save-a-Dying-World/cid/754926-The-Weres