*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1516693-Five-Giant-Planets/cid/635157-The-Primeval-World-and-its-Small-Sister
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Sci-fi · #1516693
You are an astronaut sucked into a solar system of gigantic proportions.
This choice: Vorax, 3rd planet, a green world teeming with life (Anthro/Furry)  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

The Primeval World and its Small Sister

    by: Neo-rodent
By the look of the third planet's virgin atmosphere you bet she's not yet host to any alien civilizations yet and, them, you'd rather avoid. One eye on the emerald globe that symbolizes your destination you engage the intrastellar drive.

"Computer," you find yourself asking as you approach the planet hours later, "why didn't you tell me the moon has life as well." Your eyes behold the smaller emerald rising above the horizon of its larger partner. Both have the green, vivid look of a planet practically bursting with life, both are dotted here and there with what appear to be lakes rivers and shallow seas.

"I'm sorry," your computer explains, "the planetoid must have been blocking my scans."

You grumble something about woman always changing their mind and then ask, "well can you at least use your damn scans to tell me something of use about them?"

The quantum computer hums dutifully in response. "Scanning... scanning.... scanning."

You raise your fists in the air, "enough already! I damn well know your scanning."

"Scan complete," said the computer after a moment of awkward silence.

You sigh, "Well?"

"The Mother planet appears entirely temperate in climate. It is covered by a nearly unbroken deciduous forest. My science circuits tell me that the temperature equilibrium is created by global squalls which redistribute..."

"Enough, forest, I get that. What about the moon there, honey."

"Well Michael, the moon appears to contain multiple ecotypes though a belt of savanna along its equatorial latitudes is the most..."

"Gotcha grassy... A primeval forest or an endless field," you scratch your stubbled chin in thought, "so which is gonna be home for the next 40 to 50 years?"

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Neo-rodent (UN: glacialmind101 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Neo-rodent has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1516693-Five-Giant-Planets/cid/635157-The-Primeval-World-and-its-Small-Sister