*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1381651-Tiny-Way-to-Die/cid/501451-Single-Shrinking-Father
by chaos
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1381651
You shrink until you disappear forever, what will happen? Now with Harry Potter!
This choice: You talk to your kids inside  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Single Shrinking Father

    by: chaos
“Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!” Two small bodies rush towards you and jump into your arms. You nearly lose you balance at the last second, but you manage to keep yourself up. Two pairs of small arms wrap around you neck in a hug, which you return. You look between your two children; having no idea how to tell them their daddy is soon going to be gone.

“Did you bring us something dad? Did you?” Your oldest asks not hiding her excitement. Dora was born eleven years ago just after you finished high school. She’s a cute little girl, with freckles and sandy blond hair she keeps in two pony tails. Dora a little on the chubby side, but most of it’s baby fat. In a few years, she’d lose the baby fat and be quite a heartbreaker. Being the first born, you spoil her a lot and because of that she can be a little bratty, but that doesn’t stop you from loving her with all your heart.

“Don’t be pushy Dora. Let daddy take off his shoes,” the younger, but slightly more mature of your children says. Adam is seven years old and you like to think of him as the other man of the house. His mother left when he was three and he hardly remembers her. He wouldn’t even recognize her if not for the few pictures you have in the house. Adam is a very athletic boy, always running around, hanging out with friends or just helping around the house. He’s ever father's dream child, if not for the slightly unruly side he has when he gets angry. Do to being the youngest in the house, he’s sometimes over looked by you and that really tears at him. He wants as much if not more attention then Dora and tries to prove himself to you every chance he gets. When he doesn’t have your attention, he gets upset and becomes a small problem to handle. However, with a stern hand and love, you can always fix the problem.

Smiling between your children, you put them down before your back breaks. You’ve only lost a few inches, yet you feel so much smaller and weaker. You have no clue how fast you’ll shrink, but before you become to small to fit into your clothes, you have to do something important. Without their mother around, there was no one to look after Dora and Adam when you are gone. Before you’re too small, you need to set something up.

“It’s great to see you guys. I need to make an important call, could you wait in the living room until I’m done?” You act like nothings going on, preferring to smile and give your kids a little peace of mind before telling them the bad news. You’re kids look curiously up at you.

“Who you calling?” Dora asked. She’s always been the inquisitive one. You smile to her and pat her on the head, but give no answer. Honestly, you’re not too sure who to call. There are a few family friends that could look after Dora and Adam, but your not sure they’d want to raise your children. The other option is your mother-in-law, she’d definitely take the kids, but she has a low opinion of you and you’re not sure you want someone that looks down at you raising your kids. Not many options for your soon to be orphaned kids.

“Just wait in the living room, okay?” You tensely say, keeping your smile nonetheless. Dora and Adam nod and do as their told. They sit together in the living room, confused and a little scared. They know something wrong, but not what. Looking at your children sadness starts filling you. Leaving them is going to be the hardest thing in the world. Reaching for the phone, you try to decide who it should be that takes care of your kids.

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. You call your mother-in-law

*Noteb*
2. You call a family friend

3. Fast forward 5 years

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 chaos (UN: fearboy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
chaos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1381651-Tiny-Way-to-Die/cid/501451-Single-Shrinking-Father