*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Jessica's Ring
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1334907-The-Case-of-Aloft-National-Bank-Robbery/cid/518903-Jessicas-Ring
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Detective · #1334907
Jessica is after the bank robbers. Can she find out who they are?
Chapter #1

Jessica's Ring

    by: Joy-the Harpy Witch
          Throwing a disgusted look at the yellow tape, Jessica turned away from the door. If only the police had let her in!


          She had come to the bank at 10 AM, Monday, to retrieve the large diamond wedding ring that her ex had given her. She had planned to sell the ring to pay for the down payment on a new car. Now she would have to contend with the old jalopy, at least until someone could find the robbers.


          "The banks do not insure what's in the private safes," she lamented. Her ex had the insurance papers for the ring, and after their big scandalous breakup, he would give her a hard time to return them. Jessica would find a way to get the papers from him; she was sure of that, but who would rob a bank like Aloft National situated in the busiest shopping center of the town?


          Jessica reached for her cell phone and dialed Darren.


          "Darren, I want to be in on the Aloft National robbery. I have a stake in this bank. Help me, please."


         "Jess," Darren's baritone voice echoed in her ear. "In the first place, you left the department. In the second place, Doug, Gary, and Daniel are working on it. Stay put and please don't do anything."


         "Don't do anything? All my savings are here. I can not access the ATM here, and my jewelry is probably gone."


         "Hang on a few days, will ya! I'm sure the bank will honor its customers through other ATMs. And Jess, knowing you, I repeat. Do not do anything."
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Joy-the Harpy Witch (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy-the Harpy Witch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1334907-The-Case-of-Aloft-National-Bank-Robbery/cid/518903-Jessicas-Ring