*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1334907-The-Case-of-Aloft-National-Bank-Robbery/cid/1107656-Jessica-and-Ben-sneak-out-of-the-bank
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Detective · #1334907
Jessica is after the bank robbers. Can she find out who they are?
This choice: Jessica and Ben sneak out of the bank.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Jessica and Ben sneak out of the bank.

    by: Unknown
The two detectives, Jessica and Ben had one thing in common. They both thought they could solve a crime better than anyone else. They agreed to work together on this case, no matter who said they couldn’t

The police chief would not agree to letting Jessica in on the case since she had a claim to stake for property loss or if not loss than endangerment. She could not be entirely neutral when she needed compensation for herself.

This was a ridicules rule because being compromised, as such, would only serve to make Ms Jessica more determined to solve the case. Right in thinking she had anterior motives. She was concerned for the customer’s safe banking.

“Let’s get out of here until the other detectives get finished with their findings. We can return when things have quieted down some. I want to check out another angle and then we can know better what we are looking for.” Jessica suggested this out of concern.

They walked out the front doors unnoticed. They drove off in Jessica’s old jalopy lacking better transportation at the moment.

“Remind me to drive to the next investigation just in case we do this again,” chuckled Ben.

“Mighty cute officer.”

She headed toward her Ex’s apartment in the busy downtown section of East 1st St. She parked around the corner on Wessel Ave. so as not to be too obvious. They climbed the narrow, rickety flight of stairs to the landing of three separate apartments. Her ex’s was on the left located above the Town and Country Pet Shop. Taking out a key she opened the door. Tory the parrot flew at them, and Ben shut the door just in time to keep him from escaping into the hallway.

Jessica walked to the file cabinet and opened up the middle section. She flipped through the folders until she came to the one she was looking for. Pulling it out she tossed it on the table.

“Look through that one and see if you can find anything about insurance. I’m looking for coverage on my wedding ring. It’s here somewhere. I just don’t want to get in a hassle with Bob by asking him to the papers.”

Ben searches through the thick folder, carefully, not missing a thing. He clears his throat and announces, “I think this might be it. Come and see if you think it’s the one.”

Jessica stopped her search at the file cabinet and came over to the table. “Yes, this is the exact one. I was there with Bob when we insured it; I signed this document right along with Bob. So, this baby is mine since the diverse is final. He just neglected to hand it over to the rightful owner. Let’s take care of this mess and get out or here. No, better yet, let’s leave this file right here so he knows I’ve readjusted his life.”

They scurried fast and made an exit in record time. Jessica didn’t need to be caught leaving her ex’s building or any other possible sightings involving her ex. They didn’t agree about much and they certainly didn’t like running into each other.

She put the paper in the back seat and drove to a small building down near the peer. She got out and told Ben she would be just a minute. He wanted to follow her inside to see what she was up to, but he didn’t..

When she came out she was carrying a box the size of a small microwave. It looked heavy the way she strained to keep hold of the box; Ben jumped out and relieved her of it while she opened the back door; he put it on the seat. She was grateful to him and thanked him.

As the car moved down the street Ben had to ask, “What was that all about back there?”

“Oh, that, I guess you would be curious…I had to pick up my package of frozen fish at the dock. They called me this morning to tell me it was there. I just needed to do it while I was in the area. Sorry, I didn’t mean to make it a mystery.” She laughed and he smiled knowingly.

Suddenly they heard a siren behind then and saw flashing lights reflecting off the front of the car. Jessica looked in her rear view mirror and uttered an unpleasantly.

“Wonder what they want, I was certainly not speeding.” She pulled off the main drag into a parking space at the side of the road. Two officers exited the police car. They came to both sides of her car. She pushed the window lever and both front windows rolled down.

“Officer Allen, what can I do for you and Officer Brian? Am I breaking the law?” She smiled in hopes of looking relaxed.

“Hi, Jessica, this is not an official stop. You know about the APB out on the robbery which took place during the night. The robber or robbers have called in to advise the bank that a bomb is planted and set to go off at two this afternoon. Don’t go back to the area of the bank. The neighborhood buildings are being evacuated this very moment.”

“Thanks, officers we will wait until farther notice before we return.”

Jessica headed toward the police station after the news. She deposited Ben by his car and headed toward her home across town. When she opened her house door she heard a sudden blast, which knocked her across the porch and unto the ground.
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
Joy-the Harpy Witch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1334907-The-Case-of-Aloft-National-Bank-Robbery/cid/1107656-Jessica-and-Ben-sneak-out-of-the-bank