*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1218333-Pay-It-Forward/cid/1666797-What-whould-you-do-if-you-had-the-powers-of-spi
Rated: ASR · Interactive · Other · #1218333
An interactive writing promt exercise. Choose a prompt, then create prompts for others.
This choice: What whould you do if you had the powers of spider-man  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

What whould you do if you had the powers of spi...

    by: symmetryrocks!
I shook my head, the last week had been weird for me. I'm not quite sure what had happened to me, but I had I had a feeling that whatever had caused these strange events had originated at my uncle's workplace. He was some kind of scientist, though I wasn't sure exactly what he did, I sure wished now that I had been paying attention when he had talked to me about his job so many times, at the dinner table, picking me up from school, while he was showing me around even! Gosh I was stupid. Unfortunately while he was showing me and my mom around the lab, I had wandered off despite his warnings, and I had managed to find some kind of odd chamber filled with hundreds, maybe even thousands of spiders.
Now unlike most girls my age I had always found spiders cool, fascinating even. So, naturally I went to go get a closer look. Everything was fine, or so I thought, I had only been in the chamber a few minutes before I heard voices approaching and had to quickly duck out to avoid being caught. It wasn't until later that night that I had found the small spider bite on my shoulder.
It looked normal, not infected, not poisonous ,but of course these spiders had been in a LAB, I knew they couldn't be normal. I had panicked at that point, was I sick? Was I going to die? Even if I didn't Uncle Jason was going to kill me! I couldn't tell him. So my only option was to wait it out and see what happened.
It was the next day that I noticed the changes, the first incident was when I picked up my Algebra textbook to pack it in my backpack. When I had tried to let it go, it stuck. The book stuck to my hand! That is so not normal, but after I had pried the book from my hand, I somehow managed to convince myself that it had never happened, it was just my imagination. That worked, for about 2 hours, when it happened again, this time with my English paper.
Over the next week I noticed significant changes, for instance my sticky fingers, which I had managed to control, I had gotten stronger physically, and more agile, and my newest discovery, I could shoot webs of spider's silk...from my wrists. I know it sounds crazy, but it's true. I haven't told anyone yet, not my mom or uncle. I wasn't sure how. But, there was someone I felt I could talk to, maybe even help.
Rising in popularity was a new, er, super hero if you will. Some say he works for good, others say he is against us. As for me, I believe that he is on our side, and I wish to help him. He calls himself, spider man.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 symmetryrocks! (UN: six2s at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Shannon has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1218333-Pay-It-Forward/cid/1666797-What-whould-you-do-if-you-had-the-powers-of-spi