*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/913930
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Emotional · #475096
For anyone to ask me about anything,just type in your question!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Aug 12, 2004 at 6:46am
Re: No friends = sucks
Speaking of feeling like you have no friends.... I meant to ask you (and other home/non schoolers i know) whether you think that by not going to school and being in that kinda environment, that you miss out on having the chance to make friends and have that kinda social group?

Also, do you feel that by not being part of your old dance school, leaving the bookclub etc that you've been denied the chance to make more friends?

(okay, denied is too strong a word, but I think the gist of what I'm saying is, that if you're not part of things outside of your family (not including pen-palling and internet friends) do you feel isolated, or do you prefer it?) Is that why you gotr involved wiyth NBTSC and Wiki?

I know those are pretty judgmental questions I'm posing here, so please don't think that am actually judging you or your way of life: I really am interested in hearing how you feel and your take on this subject... I know that when I'm not at university and if i were to give up work, I'd basically be friendless, in the sense of not having any friends to see in actual person.

I find that I sometimes have the p[roblem of being in friendship groups that are so tight-nit that I feel insular and as if I'm excluding people and turning down the opportunity to make new friends. At uni, I was only friends with the people I lived with and because me, little sam and big sam all have the same classes, none of us even attempted to make other friends in lessons and I really regret that. the only person I'd even consider being friendly with outside of my friendship group was Katie who I did one of my projects with, but she lives in Ireland and has her own set of friends, so I never saw her other than when we were doing the project. I guess, what I'm trying to say is that at times i feel trapped by having such close friends and intense relationships and that maybe I come off as some kinda superior bitch because we go around in our group and do everything together and even though we sit in the same seats each class, we never speak to the people around us... (but then, they don't speak to us either, so....)

Anyway, I'm rambling.

"When all is lost and there is no more fighting to be done, I will still be here to carry on"
Merit Badge in Reviewing
[Click For More Info]

Ranked # 57   Public Reviewer  for the month of  March 2004 . For more details, please see  [Link To Item #614925] .
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
Check out my friends! RachieBee Alex Elizabeth ise-sky trinakat AngelinTwilight piper_willow danika kettlekorn Ilona The Ragpicker - 8 yo relic Militant Feminist lowridingmonkey
MESSAGE THREAD
No friends = sucks · 08-11-04 7:15pm
by Alex Elizabeth
*Star* Re: No friends = sucks · 08-12-04 6:46am
by Amber is excited
Re: Re: No friends = sucks · 08-12-04 2:58pm
by Alex Elizabeth
Re: Re: Re: No friends = sucks · 08-12-04 4:30pm
by Amber is excited
Re: Re: Re: Re: No friends = sucks · 08-12-04 7:28pm
by Alex Elizabeth
Re: No friends = sucks · 08-13-04 10:09pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: No friends = sucks · 08-15-04 8:46pm
by Alex Elizabeth

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, RachieBee.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/913930