*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/890332
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Emotional · #475096
For anyone to ask me about anything,just type in your question!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jul 3, 2004 at 4:01pm
Re: Re: Re: Hullo!
by A Non-Existent User
OK, so here's the lowdown:

Mum and I went to visit her parents last weekend, and my Aunt Suzy and younger cousins Tiana and Ciera were there, too. On Monday afternoon I made a grilled tomatoe and herb sandwich, cooking the tomatoes at a high heat so they would get nice and crisp and flavorful. I used an old pan that I found in the cupboard, and scrubbed it squeaky clean after I used it.

Later that day, that night, actually, I was cooking broccoli, a lot of it, since I was famished from going jogging with Tiana and Ciera at a track nearby. We were all hanging out in the kitchen when my grandma came in and said it smelled like something was burning. I laughed and said, "Oh, that's my big heap of broccoli cooking. I'm keeping an eye on it." But she wandered over and fussed with it, saying that the heat was too high and that it needed more water. I had already put too much water in the first place and I had been checking it, and I was positive that there was enough water in there. I hate soggy broccoli, and said that I didn't want any more water. But my grandma removed the lid, turned off the flame, and said firmly, "No, honey, it needs more water. I think it does." That pissed me off, so I said, "I know how to cook it and I like it the way it is. It's really OK." And she slammed the lid down, spun around, and said loudly, "God dammit, this is my kitchen, my house, you have to respect my ways and my stove, don't you tell me how to do things, girl. You already ruined one of my damn pans cooking your damn tomatoes today." I was shock, my family was shocked, my poor cousins had eyes the size of saucers, and I knew I was going to start crying so I got up and left and went into Mum and I's room where it was dark and quiet.

My grandma came storming after me and insisted that I talk to her, rudely forced open the door, all the while with me trying to say through my crying, "Please leave me alone for now! I need time to think. I can't think rationally now." She accused me of being jealous of her relationship with my mom, that I was still mad at her about something that happened, like, 5 years ago, and that I've been cool, distant, and rude to her the past 3 visits.

I can't believe she said all that. I've forced myself to be the ideal granddaughter, happy, cheerful, huggy, and social. She and I talked a lot on Sunday and Monday afternoon -- I had paid plenty of attention to her! She's jealous of the relationship I have to Tiana and Ciera, but hey, sorry, I can't exactly run around screaming and laughing and dance and joke with my grandmother the way I can with an 8-year old and 13-year old!

So now the whole family feels awkward and all the contentedness we had is screwed. I'm so mad at her for doing that -- embarrassing herself, making everyone uptight and shocked and angry and sad and confused, for not understanding my need for privacy, for being so overdramatic -- hello, I scrubbed that pan till it looked brand new -- and bossy and pushy.

I never knew she was like that, but apparently Mum has delt with her temper all her life and she used to be much worse.

Ugh.

Tell me all about the family fight you had in April!!! I'm really curious. You know, when all that was going on at Mum's parents' house, I comforted myself thinking about all the family drama you've been through, all the explosive tempers and wounded feelings and misunderstandings, both with your immediate family and relatives.

It seems like someone in your circle of relatives is always criticizing your parents for the way they brought you and your siblings up, or questioning unschooling, or saying rubbish like your dad would divorce your mom if she furthered her education!!!

Non, I have not a recording of "Raggle-Taggle-Gypsies"! I used to sing it all the time in music/morning circle at the waldorf school I went to. I used to know all kinds of folk songs...Is there anything like that at NBTSC, Zib? Song circles and such?

Funny how you say that it took you awhile to realize that you love Celtic music. I'm the same way! I realized like 1 1/2 years ago that Celtic music is my thing. It's like nothing else, and its beauty is endless. Plus, I'm a Celt girl, with all my Irish, English, Welsh, and Scottish heritage. *Wink*

Thanks for hearing my frustrations and thoughts! MWAH!!! (To all of you!)
MESSAGE THREAD
Hullo! · 06-24-04 8:49pm
by Alex Elizabeth
Re: Hullo! · 06-29-04 2:59am
by Ilona
Re: Hullo! · 06-30-04 3:47pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Hullo! · 07-02-04 4:00am
by Alex Elizabeth
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Hullo! · 07-03-04 4:01pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: Re: Hullo! · 07-07-04 8:03pm
by Alex Elizabeth
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hullo! · 07-07-04 9:00pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hullo! · 07-08-04 5:13am
by Alex Elizabeth
Relatives · 07-10-04 6:27pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hullo! · 07-22-04 1:05pm
by Ilona
Re: Re: Re: Re: Hullo! · 07-22-04 12:03pm
by Ilona

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, RachieBee.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/890332