*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/890318
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Emotional · #475096
For anyone to ask me about anything,just type in your question!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jul 3, 2004 at 3:38pm
Re: Re: My life
by A Non-Existent User
OK, I'm finally going to reply to your long post, Loon!

You know, I actually kind of did see it coming, that Barbara was going to tell me that I wasn't right for the job. Even though I was working so hard the last week that I was there and trying to prove myself, I kind of sensed that it just wasn't going to be enough. So if I tried my hardest, why should I feel bad? Obviously it was something else, something in my personality, that didn't suit the job. Surf is weird...it's an obsessively hard-working place where everything is clean, happy, and quick. It's easy to spin out of control in such a demanding environment!

I feel bad for the people who still work there, cleaning, slicing meats and cheeses, making sandwiches, and pricing food all day, every day; I get to meet people from around the world, work in a gorgeous area surrounded by gardens and the ocean, eat gourmet meals whenever I want to, set up dessert trays, pick flowers, help with weddings, hang out with all the groovy cafe people, etc.

Of course, in the winter, the flowers will fade, work will slow to a near stop, there won't be weddings, and I might be broke. That's the only bad part about working there!

Your relationship with Diana is interesting, Loon. It's like she's a relative that you see now and then but don't really know too well -- or just aren't close to. It reminds me of Jasper and I's relationship. We totally like each other and get along great and make each other laugh, but we don't hang out a lot or sit down and talk that often. I don't know why! I don't know why Kody and I are so close, and why Jasper and I are comfortably distant. I wonder if you had another sibling, if you would get along better with she/he than Diana?

Oh, no, I'm not going to live with Nathan in his little house, because it'll be like one big room and I need my space and independence. I'm sure we would fight all the time, living in that tiny space, or break up. It was really hard for me, living with him in Eureka, although he loved it.

Anyway, I haven't really been doing a lot lately. O, last Monday I went to a Metallica concert which was really cool! Loon, you sound so casual! "Oh, by the way, I went to a concert..." I guess I think of concerts as a really big deal, because if I ever wanted to go to one I'd have to drive to San Francisco, which is 5 hours away, to the big city, and spend lots of money, and stay overnight...but I guess you saw it in Amsterdam?

Loon, have you heard of 't kofschip? It's this rule that I learned about, like if a Dutch word ends with k, f, s, ch, or p, then it has "t" on the end, like:
gelacht
gekoekt

And other words have "d" on the end:
geleesd
gereisd

Waar of niet waar?? Tell me if I'm wrong about any of those! *Wink*
MESSAGE THREAD
cd's · 06-19-04 4:36am
by Ilona
Re: cd's · 06-19-04 1:47pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: cd's · 06-21-04 7:55am
by Ilona
My life · 06-23-04 4:10pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: My life · 06-23-04 6:24pm
by Ilona
*Star* Re: Re: My life · 07-03-04 3:38pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: My life · 07-07-04 7:48pm
by Alex Elizabeth
Re: Re: Re: Re: My life · 07-07-04 8:45pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: My life · 07-22-04 12:22pm
by Ilona
Re: Re: Re: My life · 07-22-04 11:58am
by Ilona

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, RachieBee.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/890318