*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/888568
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Emotional · #475096
For anyone to ask me about anything,just type in your question!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jun 30, 2004 at 2:58pm
Holland
by A Non-Existent User
 (This message was edited by ise-sky on 06-30-04 @ 3:49 pm EDT)

I would love to meet you, your family, and friends!!! Wow, I would be so excited that I wouldn't be able to speak, in English or Dutch.

Loon, have you heard of the Flying Pig? It's a hostel in A'dam and pretty popular I've read. Have you heard of Shakies? Or The Greenhouse Effect?

A'dam sounds so fascinating and I'm depressed because I doubt I could see all that it has to offer. To think that you live there!!! Of course, I want to see the little towns, too, and go camping or something. *Smile*

Micaella said that she had a wonderful time in Holland, but she was sick for part of the time. She went to Leiden, Harlem (is it Haarlem?), and stayed in Amsterdam. She said that she and Tessa, her penpal, went clubbing and biked home late at night. She said that the food was really good, especially breakfast, which was yogurt and chunks of chocolate or caramel, or bread with chocolate spread on top. Yum!!! She said that the family ate meat most nights and she was uncomfortable because she's a vegetarian but didn't want to be rude and ate it anyway. She said that there weren't any fat people anywhere and that everyone seemed to be healthy and exercised and stuff.

She really hasn't told me, in-depth, about it. I wish I knew more, all the details.

She hasn't written for about a month, so I don't know where she is -- she was going across Canada with her brother, so who knows?! I'll just wait and see. I miss her so much between letters, though, because I want us to be close again and if we don't write that often, how can we be?

I wish you could help me to learn Dutch, too!!!!! I'm so confused right now. Especially about past tense...like, "Ik wilde", "Ik heb gewilden" -- or is it "Ik heb gewild"??? And then there's stuff like, "Ik drink/ik dronk/ik heb gedronkd (t?)". AGH! See my problems?

It was DutchBird? Huh. If it's a Dutch airline, why the heck is it named something in English?! *Pthb*

"I've never had a humble opinion.
If you've got an opinion,
why be humble about it?"
MESSAGE THREAD
I'm back · 06-18-04 3:43am
by Ilona
Re: I'm back · 06-19-04 1:36pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: I'm back · 06-21-04 7:12am
by Ilona
Re: Re: Re: I'm back · 06-23-04 3:40pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: Re: I'm back · 06-23-04 4:56pm
by Ilona
*Star* Holland · 06-30-04 2:58pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Holland · 07-10-04 11:40am
by Ilona
Re: Re: Holland · 07-10-04 6:44pm
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, RachieBee.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/888568