*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/655624
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #102362
Drop your new ideas into the Writing.Com Suggestion Box!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jun 1, 2003 at 5:13pm
Add in between journal entries
Just let me preface this suggestion with context; I've been working on a novel, and like many authors here I use the journal to organize the chapters.

I'm now doing a dramatic revise and even though I haven't gotten to where I know I'll need to add an entry, or another chapter, I can see that there may be a problem. (Yes, I'll be able to get around it.)

ONe of the guidelines I've used while writing is to leave shorter chapters alone, knowing that I will be adding more. I also tend to break up the chapters by scene or idea.

Now, as I revise, I'm wondering if it's possible to add a feature which will allow the reader to interject a chapter in between existing entries. (Not sure this can be done.)

For example, I need to add important information in between, say chapter 5 and 6, which is a turning point in the story. Is it possible to be able to create that link in the middle, either a new entry which will require the writer to re-name the other entries (I'm OK with that), or just to label it as, in this example, 5a, or 5b, etc?

Did that make sense?

*Smile*

Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#671058 by Not Available.

Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#661011 by Not Available.

AdoroTeDevote
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
We get distracted by dreams of our own
But nobody's happy when feeling alone
And knowing how hard it hurts when we fall
We lean another ladder against the wrong wall
~Nickel Creek
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Add in between journal entries · 06-01-03 5:13pm
by AdoroTeDevote

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryWitchress.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/655624