*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3669273
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Other · #710633
Members help other members with non-technical questions and problems using Writing.Com!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Aug 4, 2024 at 1:31am
Re: Re: Re: Writing.com and AI
Interesting that the topic is circling back around about a year late but it is definitely getting more relevant. I've seen some conversations going on the site now and have had a few people out in the real world ask my thoughts on AI as a writer.

It would definitely be hard for us to police writing. For the most part, the writing on here isn't something that is monetized, so that may be viewed a little different than what might get sent to publishers or agents, or even in the self publish realm.

I've seen a few items and just for fun, checked out a story creator. The one I found would work as a good example of a story that is told instead of show. Not that it was poor quality but it lacked the sparks that make things interesting. So far, what I have seen has that sort of generic feel that doesn't have enough variety or the particular character focus I would prefer as a reader. That will probably change over time as things develop more.

As a contest owner, I'm probably going to put a note in my contests about AI. I'm not against the usage to a degree but it would be nice to know. Much like it helps to know when someone uses a form when writing a poem that has specific rules, I would prefer to have it noted somewhere in the item if AI is used. Whether anyone does that or not, we'll see.
MESSAGE THREAD
Writing.com and AI · 08-20-23 10:27am
by ErinLynn
Re: Writing.com and AI · 08-31-23 1:23pm
by The StoryMaster
Re: Re: Writing.com and AI · 08-03-24 8:33am
by Tanith
Re: Re: Re: Writing.com and AI · 08-03-24 1:10pm
by The StoryMaster
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Writing.com and AI · 08-04-24 1:31am
by Dawn Embers
Re: Re: Re: Re: Writing.com and AI · 08-04-24 7:03am
by Tanith

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Writing.Com Support.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3669273